Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Yugoslavian & Serbian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 2/11/2015 10:45:18 AM EDT
I had read npaps were being sent with an improper length spring. Did the gen 2 address this? If not where do you all get the correct replacement?

Thanks
Jon
Link Posted: 2/11/2015 8:23:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I had read npaps were being sent with an improper length spring. Did the gen 2 address this? If not where do you all get the correct replacement?

Thanks
Jon
View Quote

I've heard people speculate that some NPAPs were shipped with weak/short springs, but I've never seen that substantiated.
Link Posted: 2/11/2015 8:29:55 PM EDT
[#2]
I had seend someone mention it on another forum and paid little mind as I didn't own an ak. Well ill keep poking around
Link Posted: 2/13/2015 7:03:52 AM EDT
[#3]
I've been reading that some people are replacing their springs with Wolf springs.
Some are under the impression that the weak factory spring is allowing the bolt carrier to slam into the seemingly harder G2 hammer and causing some mushrooming on the end of the bolt carrier. I'm having this problem myself with the mushrooming.
I'm not too worried at this point but the next time I need a gun part, I might throw a wolf spring into the order just for the heck of it.
Page AK-47 » Yugoslavian & Serbian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top