Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Yugoslavian & Serbian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 1/31/2015 11:42:10 PM EDT
Have a question my brother just got a Zastava ak with an Ace skeleton stock and the LOP is way too short for him....I'm thinking a collapsible stock would be a better fit for him....any suggestions now mind you hes a cheap skate..so not looking for a  stock costing hundreds, He'll be using it mainly as a plinker, recreational shooting  Thanks
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 2:03:10 AM EDT
[#1]
Is the Ace attached to a separate adapter plate, or does the stock have a built in adapter?
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 12:03:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Now that I dont't rightly know.....its at his place...I'll ask and check back.....
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 1:47:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Have a question my brother just got a Zastava ak with an Ace skeleton stock and the LOP is way too short for him....I'm thinking a collapsible stock would be a better fit for him....any suggestions now mind you hes a cheap skate..so not looking for a  stock costing hundreds, He'll be using it mainly as a plinker, recreational shooting  Thanks
View Quote

If he likes the skeleton stock he could get a longer one. They come in 9.5" which is pretty a pretty long LOP. And it wouldn't cost "hundreds" maybe 85.00 or so. OR I bet there are a lot of people on the forum that would be willing to give or sell him their wood buttstocks. I know I'll have one available in a few weeks. The npap wood stock has never been called too short!
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 2:44:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Have him shoot squared up in an isosceles stance, instead of weaver, and the LOP might be just fine.
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 10:57:13 PM EDT
[#5]
If he is a cheap skate he can get the tapco t6 collapsible stock for the n-pap from AK builders dot com for I think 45 bucks,,,,Great company with super fast shipping and good customer service...here is the link below.  It has to be trimmed a bit to fit around the rivets on the back of the receiver ... real easy job takes 5 minutes to do ..... do a youtube search and you will see a video for the mod

[url=http://ak-builder.com/index.php?dispatch=products.view&product_id=30580]http://ak-builder.com/index.php?dispatch=products.view&product_id=30580[/url

Link Posted: 2/9/2015 11:01:25 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks guys,
Seems like he has options he just has to figure out what he wants to do.  Once we get it where he likes it I'll post some pics
Link Posted: 2/10/2015 10:56:27 AM EDT
[#7]
heres one with the tapc stock  

http://i59.tinypic.com/ev9suf.jpg" />
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 4:20:18 AM EDT
[#8]
New to the AK scene. I bought a wooden M70 Zastava and was wondering where I could get a adapter to put on a Magpul collapsible stock.

Also curious to know if the barrels are threaded so I could put a flash hider/comp on.

Any particular oil recommended? I an having a helluva time working the safety lever.

Thank you guys
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 7:23:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
New to the AK scene. I bought a wooden M70 Zastava and was wondering where I could get a adapter to put on a Magpul collapsible stock.

Also curious to know if the barrels are threaded so I could put a flash hider/comp on.

Any particular oil recommended? I an having a helluva time working the safety lever.

Thank you guys
View Quote

Been cleaning with Hoppes#9 and lubing with Breakfree CLP since forever. Use then on everything.

14mm LH threads on the bbl

Link Posted: 2/26/2015 7:25:49 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

There are 2" stock screw on butt pads for the ACE stocks. Don't know that's enough but is the cheapest solution.

Edit: Looks like its only 1" not 2".   You might find a slip on butt pad that will fit
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 12:57:37 AM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Thank you guys
View Quote

ACE, Krebs, and others make stock adapters for Yugos. With these (and a pig nose adapter, depending) you can attach a buffer tube and Magpul stock. As for lube, I use white lithium grease.
Page AK-47 » Yugoslavian & Serbian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top