Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Yugoslavian & Serbian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 11/12/2014 2:03:47 PM EDT
I recently purchased a RS Regulate 310 base for my N-PAP and something isn't quite right about the interface between the rail and the base. There is a slight step along the top dovetail of the 310 base that appears to be interfering with the scope rail on the rifle. When the base is installed the step clears the mount. But when the lever is pushed to lock it in place the top rail is drawn down and when the step hits the edge of the rail it gets pushed to the left and causes the base to tilt when tightened down. Since there's no way to really photograph this I have made a drawing which shows what I am trying to describe. Please excuse the drawing.

I was curious if anyone else has noticed this with their 310 Yugo mount, specifically the step? I would think RS regulate would have taken this into consideration and I am wondering if maybe I have a out of spec base or my rail is the problem. I attached a Kobra and a PSO-3 to the rail and they both are straight and don't have the step that the RS-Regulate 310 base does. I'm not really sure what the purpose of the step is on the base but it doesn't seem to be correct.

I'll try to get some actual pictures of this if I can.  I'm waiting to hear back from RS Regulate regarding this.
Link Posted: 11/14/2014 11:52:35 AM EDT
[#1]
The guy does his best to make a good mount.  Have you contacted him to let him know what you've found?  It may be something he overlooked and would likely appreciate your input.
Link Posted: 11/16/2014 1:47:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The guy does his best to make a good mount.  Have you contacted him to let him know what you've found?  It may be something he overlooked and would likely appreciate your input.
View Quote

I have been in touch with him and he will be sending me a newer locking bar to try.  I was more interested if anyone else has noticed this with their N/O-PAP.
Page AK-47 » Yugoslavian & Serbian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top