Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Yugoslavian & Serbian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 3/1/2012 4:25:43 PM EDT
Been waiting for the standard AK mag version, looks like they heard all the complaints.  Now if the rear receiver could only take the standard furniture.

New Zastava PAPs
Link Posted: 3/2/2012 6:32:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Or it could be that Century is milling them open to accept standard mags.
Link Posted: 3/2/2012 9:16:34 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Most likely the case.  They probably still have the narrow single-stack front trunnion prior to being converted.  I wonder who is actually doing the work and what the quality is like.  Need someone to buy one and report in.

Link Posted: 3/2/2012 11:11:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Most likely the case.  They probably still have the narrow single-stack front trunnion prior to being converted.  I wonder who is actually doing the work and what the quality is like.  Need someone to buy one and report in.

I wonder what they are doing with the bolts too....
Link Posted: 3/2/2012 11:22:50 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hopefully they are replacing the PAP bolts with M70 bolts and checking the headspacing after doing so.  

Link Posted: 3/3/2012 10:51:07 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Hopefully they are replacing the PAP bolts with M70 bolts and checking the headspacing after doing so.  

I would sure hope so. I'll wait for the reviews.
Link Posted: 3/5/2012 2:09:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Kinda like they "replaced" (Replaced=Ground) the bolts on the CETME to get headspace. LOL I hope they are actually trying to make a nice rifle but jury is out until a few range reports are in.

Zastava website still only shows the single stack 10 round rifle so I would assume Century is building them.
Link Posted: 3/8/2012 11:27:35 AM EDT
[#7]
Another version of a converted PAP:  LINK

Link Posted: 3/8/2012 2:31:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

now thats a good looking rifle
Link Posted: 3/8/2012 2:46:35 PM EDT
[#9]
I just ordered one of these http://centerfiresystems.com/AKAGUN-YUGO.aspx  today.... I will have pics up as soon as I get it.
Link Posted: 3/10/2012 10:16:20 AM EDT
[#10]
I want one of these too, I actually posted my response to my thread in yours.  Can't wait for your review.
Link Posted: 3/10/2012 10:17:00 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I just ordered one of these http://centerfiresystems.com/AKAGUN-YUGO.aspx  today.... I will have pics up as soon as I get it.

Sweet
Link Posted: 3/12/2012 2:01:10 PM EDT
[#12]
Just bought a pap from J&G with the wood hardware.I hope it shoots as good as it looks.
Link Posted: 3/13/2012 12:17:15 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I wonder if the newly imported ones are already converted. Looks like the rear of the receiver is normal instead of the ugly angle cut

Link Posted: 3/13/2012 2:42:08 PM EDT
[#14]
Here it is

Link Posted: 3/13/2012 4:17:11 PM EDT
[#16]
Got the pistol grip and cleaning rod.. Not sure id be able to match the parkerized-ish finish with a new dust cover though. The pistol grip needs an allen wrench to take off btw.
Link Posted: 3/14/2012 5:49:26 AM EDT
[#17]
I wonder if they could make the safety warning BS ANY DAMN bigger!    holy crap!  
Besides it looks pretty damn nice
Link Posted: 3/14/2012 6:18:36 AM EDT
[#18]
Nice but ummm, were is the rear sling attachment???? Am I just missing it?? The Mitchel'ss were on the side of receiver. Looks like they removed this gun from site, might call on it.
Link Posted: 3/18/2012 9:21:46 PM EDT
[#19]
According to a youtube video, this rifle has at least a US made buttstock if not the furniture and the requisite us made parts for compliance. I am hoping that century doesn't do anything beyond installation of parts and the single stack bolt doesn't cause function issues. However, I wouldn't be suprised if it does cause issues. This is century's "premium" ak in thier lineup.

Youtube video for those who might be interested (doesn't have a ton of info but has some nice shots of both rifles):

www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLBUtnlebLI
Link Posted: 3/19/2012 1:27:28 AM EDT
[#20]
That is a nice looking rifle!
Link Posted: 3/19/2012 2:12:07 PM EDT
[#21]
That does look a lot nicer. Did they chromeline the barrel by chance?
Link Posted: 3/19/2012 4:59:16 PM EDT
[#22]
Yes it does look like a very nice rifle. The dust cover rail is a bit stupid given its uselessness and I don't know why they don't include the better rail that I have seen on their other guns (it looks like that new parabellum rail, it could be a us made rail for all I know).
Link Posted: 3/19/2012 5:18:24 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

it could be a us made rail for all I know

Rail is Serbian:  http://www.zastava-arms.rs/cms/index.php?id=55

Link Posted: 3/23/2012 6:18:32 PM EDT
[#24]
Well, I  am having trouble finding a fixed stock M70...maybe this will do it?
Link Posted: 4/12/2012 4:29:44 PM EDT
[#25]
I want one! Very nice. Let us know how it goes at the range.
Link Posted: 5/5/2012 10:51:56 AM EDT
[#26]
Nice!
Link Posted: 5/8/2012 3:40:12 AM EDT
[#27]
Tag
Link Posted: 7/4/2012 2:04:51 PM EDT
[#28]
Do these new paps with the wood stocks have the single stack bolts in them or did century swap them out for the correct one?
Link Posted: 7/4/2012 5:24:18 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Do these new paps with the wood stocks have the single stack bolts in them or did century swap them out for the correct one?

Century is still using the single stack bolt.

Link Posted: 7/31/2012 6:36:47 AM EDT
[#30]
Well has anyone shot it at the range? How about letting us know. I would like one but someone could give us a range report!
Link Posted: 7/31/2012 8:12:34 AM EDT
[#31]
Along the same topic.....I purchased one of these PAPs that only takes the 10 round mags, and with the funky thumbhole stock.  Does anyone know where I can find a replacement stock?  i would like to put a folder or a collapsible stock on it....Thanks!!
Link Posted: 7/31/2012 11:10:22 AM EDT
[#32]
There is no drop in or I should say screw in replacement.  The receiver is cut so the rear trunion has a slant on it.  I actually cut the rear and welded a new trunion on the back.  I removed the extra button to remove the dust cover and then just put on synthetic furniture for now.  I had to re blue the back of the reciever but I'm happy with the way it turned out.  Trust me I looked for weeks for an easier solution to this but this is what I came up
Link Posted: 7/31/2012 11:40:17 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
I would like to put a folder or a collapsible stock on it....Thanks!!

Ace has what you need to add an AR-type stock with or without the folding mechanism:  ACE
Previous thread:
http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_4_89/143994_Looking_for_advice_help_M70_Fixed_Stock_.html

The slant will be noticeable with the Ace adapter but it wouldn't look too bad.

Link Posted: 7/31/2012 1:01:39 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Quoted:

I would like to put a folder or a collapsible stock on it....Thanks!!

Ace has what you need to add an AR-type stock with or without the folding mechanism:  ACE

Previous thread:

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_4_89/143994_Looking_for_advice_help_M70_Fixed_Stock_.html

The slant will be noticeable with the Ace adapter but it wouldn't look too bad.

Thanks for all the help, much appreciated!
Link Posted: 8/1/2012 3:38:18 AM EDT
[#35]
really would be interested in hearing some range reports and such. I have a friend at work who is looking to buy his first AK. This one is in his price range.
Link Posted: 8/19/2012 7:28:18 AM EDT
[#36]
I shoot mine regularly and very rarely have an issue with the single stack bolt... I have noticed that if you charge the weapon with your left hand (if you are right handed shooter) with the charging handle pointing to the ground, no issues. When I do have an issue from the single stack bolt it always seems to be only the first round of the mag and when a friend is trying to charge it with his firing hand.  I absolutely love the rifle, but I'm looking to get the double stack bolt and head-space work done...its not that expensive. If your friend trying to purchase one of these is an impatient individual...  I would tell him to keep looking. Some have experienced FTF problems right out of the box. Some dont get issues at all. I guess I got lucky with mine... mine is as reliable as my issued M4 (note: issued M4's are by no means is "Great" condition.) All in all...this rifle CAN be a great gun...with a little TLC...  but in the hands of the impatient it CAN be an utter disappointment...  This rifle WILL require some love and tuning. If this will be your friends first and only weapon...  as in hes relying on this to enjoy some range days with you and your buddies... dont buy it. But if hes understanding that he may have to do some work to this.....  this rifle is built like a tank, very sturdy, very tight, very well built.
Link Posted: 9/18/2012 12:20:28 PM EDT
[#37]
along these same lines, anyone know where I can purchase additional 10 round mags for my "unconverted" PAP?
Link Posted: 9/18/2012 2:07:22 PM EDT
[#38]
last I checked Century International arms had them for just under $10 I bought 7 as they have A $75 minimum and you must have a ffl03 or ffl01 on file to order or see the prices. They are the guys who have been converting them to double stack. They must have had a bunch left over after the convertions.
Link Posted: 9/18/2012 4:10:31 PM EDT
[#39]
Single stack WASR mags work well also in unconverted PAPs.  Non-WASR Romanian single stack mags work if you file on the locking lug of the mag a little bit.

Link Posted: 9/19/2012 11:44:54 AM EDT
[#40]
Anyone have a line on those single stack mags ?   Everyone seems to be out of stock or asking a crazy amount for them.
Page AK-47 » Yugoslavian & Serbian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top