Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 5/26/2016 4:59:16 PM EDT
What do you guys think of them?  Glad you bought one or are they crap.  I was thinking about getting a gun smith special.
Do you have pic of the rifle you got?
The $329 rifles sound pretty good.
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 2:49:16 PM EDT
[#1]
The majority of the ones I've seen they cleaned up pretty good, and have shot well. Others look like shit but still shoot great. I myself have yet to run into one that has not function properly. Sight adjustment at most. Cracked stock here there. some may have a little bit of rust issues. Overall worth the money, average one around here in real good shape is $400
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 3:41:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
What do you guys think of them?  Glad you bought one or are they crap.  I was thinking about getting a gun smith special.
Do you have pic of the rifle you got?
The $329 rifles sound pretty good.
View Quote

I bought two. Paid the $30 extra and both of mine shoot well and cleaned up well.
Link Posted: 8/12/2016 5:34:01 PM EDT
[#3]
I got a good one from JG, it wasn't the gunsmith special though, just chinese surplus. It was covered in cosmoline. No rust, very worn bluing, I got a russian action cover on mine with the star. Barrel was excellent, very accurate. I'm hitting 20" steel plates at 300yds with the irons. I have just started getting punctured primers but thats something that should be able to be fixed with a bit of work.
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 2:30:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Got a $249 gunsmith special, had a tiny crack on side of stock, not structural, fixed it quickly. Ends up bwing a very accurate reliable rifle, bore and mechanics are excellent. Im happy with the purchase.
Link Posted: 9/8/2016 6:47:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Sounds like you did well.
Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top