Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 4/3/2016 9:05:20 AM EDT
Anyone buy a Chinese SKS recently from a shop online?

Describe what you got and the condition/price. Any pics?

Looking to buy one and not sure who has good quality ones for sale.
Link Posted: 4/6/2016 11:20:23 AM EDT
[#1]
No one has bought a Chinese SKS from an online dealer that still has stock?
Link Posted: 4/6/2016 12:16:09 PM EDT
[#2]
I got a barreled receiver from gunbroker in Nov. for $80. I'd start in the EE or gunbroker, Armslist, Southernohiogun etc...
Link Posted: 4/6/2016 6:31:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
No one has bought a Chinese SKS from an online dealer that still has stock?
View Quote

You missed the boat by about a year or two on some good deals - there was a batch of military surplus Chinese SKSes imported, I believe via Serbia or Albania, a few years back. These were the only Chinese SKSes imported since 1989.

If you do find a dealer selling them online, they're going to be used. I doubt many have NIB Chinese rifles any longer.
Link Posted: 4/7/2016 12:11:12 AM EDT
[#4]
I think things are ugly.  Found a beat down 40 percent rifle (norinco) that looked like it had tens of thousands of rounds through it used at Cabela's and they had it listed for 515.00!!

We all know their used prices are bad but still.  I'd just keep an eye out for used.
Link Posted: 4/12/2016 1:08:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Just bought two Norinco 56 rifles at JG sales for $329 each.
Link Posted: 4/13/2016 8:33:33 PM EDT
[#6]
IMHO you are better off looking around locally.  One thing on a Chicom SKS is the bayonet has to fit firmly against the recess in the stock. I have seen many that flop down.  

That being  said I just scored a Sino Soviet Chinese SKS with the 20 round star mag for $350 at a local pawn shop.
Link Posted: 5/18/2016 2:06:13 PM EDT
[#7]
I have to say that I am very pleased with the SKS's I got from JGSALES.
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 11:02:33 PM EDT
[#8]
That post is worthless without pics...but J&G last I knew...$329
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 4:19:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That post is worthless without pics...but J&G last I knew...$329
View Quote

Correct. Stock needs to be refinished (maybe), but I am very pleased with them. Costs $30 extra for the next level up.
Link Posted: 5/28/2016 10:25:04 AM EDT
[#10]
There are no "new" Chinese SKS coming into the USA at this time (May 2016).

Last batch of Chinese sourced SKS were from Albania, and while the have an interesting history most were not winning any beauty prizes.  Good deal if you have a C&L license and jumped on them quickly.

Best bet is find a good used one, here's a big list from many sites: Chinese SKS listings.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 2:15:18 PM EDT
[#11]
Do any of the old dealers like Cherry's still stock SKS rifles?
Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top