Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 2/27/2016 4:49:44 PM EDT
Hey everyone,

I have a Yugo 59/66 that I bought a few years ago in pretty nice condition.  Everything except the bolt carrier is matching serial numbers, and it came completely stock (which I wanted) except for the sights.  It had the Williams Firesight set installed for the front and rear sight.  I have decided I want to replace these and go back to the original style of front and rear sight, so I bought some replacement surplus parts from Numrich Gun Parts.

I installed the rear sight fine, but am having trouble with the front sight and can't seem to locate the information I need to get this little project finished.  I removed the Fire Sight and went to install the front post and the front sight seat.  However, it seems that the seat will not fit into the sight assembly.  The seat is too big for the holes in the sight assembly, and because I cannot seem to get this seat in, I cannot install the front sight post itself.

I attached (or tried to, I suck with technology) some pictures to hopefully make this problem a little more clear.  The front sight post screws into the seat just fine, and I am pretty confident they are both made for the M59/66.  Am I just missing something here?  Is there a correct way to do this I just haven't figured out?  Or is it possible the whole assembly is somehow screwed up?

Any information would really help me out, I appreciate it.
http://imgur.com/a/uuha1

Link Posted: 2/27/2016 7:44:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Possible you got the wrong parts. The Yugo looks like it uses the same size as Russian, Chinese etc.
Although I've never actually taken them out to measure, by eyeball they look to be of similar size.
Ak-47 windage barrels are rather large and it looks like what you have. I suspect that is your problem.
Link Posted: 2/27/2016 8:35:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Appreciate the insight, I'll call Numrich and see if they can send me another one.  Maybe they just sent me an AK instead of SKS part
Link Posted: 2/27/2016 9:04:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Appreciate the insight, I'll call Numrich and see if they can send me another one.  Maybe they just sent me an AK instead of SKS part
View Quote

Good luck with Numrich.  I'm about to file theft charges against them for losing $400 worth of my parts.  I've always had really good service with APEX.
Link Posted: 3/4/2016 3:02:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Hopefully I won't have any issues with it, but I appreciate the input.  I'll look at Apex when I have another project come along.
Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top