Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 12/6/2015 6:36:08 PM EDT
The other day I was shooting my Yugo SKS with mixed ammo, Wolf, Tula, and American stuff.  I have had this rifle for many years now and have shot it without any issues, but this past shooting session I had a few failures to feed and one blown primer.  Ive never had this to happen before.  Only happened with the Russian ammo.  American worked every time.  Do ya'll think its the rifle or most likely the ammo?
Link Posted: 12/7/2015 6:27:13 PM EDT
[#1]
If I had to guess I'd say cheap Russian ammo, I'd had lots of cracked necks with the Tula new production.
Now toss in some 5 year old Wolf, no problem, or brass cased ammo is 99% fine too...
Link Posted: 12/9/2015 11:18:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Been seeing posts saying similar things about Tula.  I'm gonna shoot the Tula I have and move to something else
Link Posted: 12/10/2015 6:23:33 PM EDT
[#3]
I was thinking it was ammo related and not the gun. When I first bought it American brass cased ammo was cheap. This was my first time with Tula.  Only issues I have with Wolf is the random failure to fire.
Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top