Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 7/18/2015 12:59:47 PM EDT
I just bought an SKS off of GunPoker and hopefully another one off of the EE and am wondering where the best place to buy stripper clips is. Either non corrosive ammo on stripper clips or just the stripper clips themselves.

The NCstar chinese stripper clips on amazon have pretty lousy reviews so preferably something better, like the stripper clips from surplus military ammo.

Link Posted: 7/18/2015 1:13:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Ok I see some Circle 31 stripper clips on ebay that are supposed to be good. Fo?

Link Posted: 7/18/2015 1:17:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Whatever strippers you buy, give them a thorough polishing in a tumbler using walnut.
Lots of sharp edges that need to be deburred or you'll cut ourself often and deeply.
Link Posted: 7/18/2015 1:29:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Whatever strippers you buy, give them a thorough polishing in a tumbler using walnut.
Lots of sharp edges that need to be deburred or you'll cut ourself often and deeply.
View Quote

Thanks for the tip. I sold all my reloading stuff though so I'll probably just use gloves
Link Posted: 7/18/2015 9:26:46 PM EDT
[#4]
All the military surplus stripper clips I have used have been great.

I would avoid the Chinese online only because some of the new junk commercial ones have Mil Factory markings.

The Chrome Czech BXN Strippers for the cz-58 are the highest quality in my opinion and you can find them on Ebay for reasonable prices.
Link Posted: 7/19/2015 4:39:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
All the military surplus stripper clips I have used have been great.

I would avoid the Chinese online only because some of the new junk commercial ones have Mil Factory markings.

The Chrome Czech BXN Strippers for the cz-58 are the highest quality in my opinion and you can find them on Ebay for reasonable prices.
View Quote

Thanks, I'll keep the BXN stripper clips in mind. For now think I'm just gonna buy some of the Yugo ammo on stripper clips. A case should do the job nicely. Probably just take the ammo off the stripper clips, stash it away and sell it next panic.

Link Posted: 7/19/2015 9:34:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Complete Shiite. Got 16 as part of a deal this week. Of the 16, NONE insert from both sides, and only six insert from one side, and those are extremely tight!
GARBAGE.
Link Posted: 7/20/2015 9:47:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Complete Shiite. Got 16 as part of a deal this week. Of the 16, NONE insert from both sides, and only six insert from one side, and those are extremely tight!
GARBAGE.
View Quote

The BXN ones? Are you sure they weren't the cheap NcStar, or other shitty commercial Chinese stripper clips?
Link Posted: 7/20/2015 11:55:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

The BXN ones? Are you sure they weren't the cheap NcStar, or other shitty commercial Chinese stripper clips?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
GARBAGE.

Good thing I checked, my quote didnt get quoted. Czech BXN is good to go. It's those "circle 31" POSs.
Link Posted: 7/21/2015 3:11:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Good thing I checked, my quote didnt get quoted. Czech BXN is good to go. It's those "circle 31" POSs.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
GARBAGE.

Fuck a duck I was gonna buy some of those too. Some people say they're awesome and some say they are shit. Probably the real ones are gtg but the Chinese copy anything good and make shit copies (with the same markings ala circle 31).

Just gonna buy some of the corrosive Yugo ammo on strippers.

Link Posted: 7/29/2015 1:11:13 AM EDT
[#10]
Thinking a graphite lubing may be in order for some of mine. Just something I thought of the other day that may help in stripping them while loading the carbine. Not sure what make mine are but this thread definitely has me thinking so thanks to the OP for starting it.
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 4:37:24 AM EDT
[#11]
When I was shopping for stripper clips I did all the reading, all the research, and, still, I didn't pay attention.  I got the crappy NcStar ones and spent a ridiculous amount of time tweaking them just so they would kind of work.  They never worked well at all.  Either the rounds would fall off with the slightest jiggle, or they would fight against being loaded into the carrier.  Garbage.

Just get the stripper clips marked BXN or BXN 65, or any other variation.  You can get them on Ebay for $0.50 to $1.00 a piece, shipped, depending on quantity and who's selling at the time.  I have genuine Chinese surplus and Yugo surplus clips, and those are good -- a million times better than the new knock off crap -- but the BXN's are even better.

Save yourself time, effort, and in the long run, money, and get some BXN's.  They work beautifully.  I wish I'd paid attention in the first place.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 2:57:06 AM EDT
[#12]
Yea I don't remember who these ones are made by. IIRC I ordered them from amazon.
Link Posted: 8/6/2015 11:04:05 PM EDT
[#13]
I bought from this guy in Slovak Republic expensive for shipping but I got them in less than a week.

all were marked BXN.

Vlad
Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top