Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 7/10/2015 6:29:22 AM EDT
So the story goes that I was camping with a buddy of mine, pop of about 6 rounds and on the last one, the bolt gets stuck forward and it took me 20 mins of wrangling to get the magazine out. Bolt is still stuck and I can't tell if there is a round in there. Basically I am wondering what the safest way of un-fucking my tapco fucked sks is.
Link Posted: 7/10/2015 8:39:05 AM EDT
[#1]
I'd use a block of wood and a hammer to pound the bolt back.
Link Posted: 7/21/2015 9:54:36 PM EDT
[#2]
I have done this with a mini 30. I just put the charging handle against a bench and hit the stock with my palm and the case jacked out. Kind of a crude way but I was at the range.
Link Posted: 7/21/2015 10:11:20 PM EDT
[#3]
treat it like it could kill you still
Link Posted: 7/21/2015 10:15:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Place the rifle on safe, empty the mag, and push the charging handle against a post, table, or something solid

You could remove the dust cover and action spring, that would take some pressure off
Link Posted: 7/21/2015 10:23:48 PM EDT
[#5]
did you see the round go down range?

that's important at this point
Link Posted: 7/24/2015 5:57:00 PM EDT
[#6]
I once helped a guy at the range who had a rusted-shut AK-74, he never cleaned it after shooting corrosive. He handed me the rifle, I asked his permission to boot-check the charging handle, and so I put the buttstock on the ground and kicked it until it popped loose.

When it let go, out came a live round of 7n6.
Link Posted: 7/25/2015 1:51:06 AM EDT
[#7]
Whatever you do be careful about it!
Link Posted: 7/25/2015 2:18:39 PM EDT
[#8]
I'd advise against kick starting it. I've only done that once, with an M14, and the risk was well worth the reward.  Unload the mag, remove the trigger group if possible if not safety on,  secure the carbine, ensure the muzzle is pointed in safe direction at all times and whack the charging handle with a hammer. Leather gloves, eye and ear pro is a must.  Remember that if it does have a live round that it can still fire and potentially fire out of battery.
Link Posted: 7/25/2015 2:43:05 PM EDT
[#9]
did you try spitting on it?
Link Posted: 7/25/2015 5:39:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
did you try spitting on it?
View Quote

Kinky
Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top