AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/11/2014 12:46:27 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Yup. They seem to be selling on the EE for $350 right now.

I remember when they were $75.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The SKS is the Buick Regal of guns. You can add a lot but value stays the same.

Yup. They seem to be selling on the EE for $350 right now.

I remember when they were $75.

I remember when they were $59.99 NIB w/ all the cosmoline  grease you could ever want, AND you got 1K free with it.  Ah the good ol days...

I actually had a guy give me his free case of ammo because he didn't want to carry it around with him in the gun show

ETA:  My first SKS back in 92 was FREE, but guess what I traded for it.  A Beta C mag that I found on the drop zone!!!  That's right, I figured I would never buy my own AR15 so I had no use for it  

Well I proceeded to bubba fuck it all to hell and sold it some years later.  Then I got a Paratrooper SKS and traded it off later as well.   Around 2003, I traded a guy on this forum 6 USGI mags for another one but sold it for 150 bucks.

Now I own two SKS D models and will never part with them
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 2:48:03 PM EDT
[#2]
OP  sounds like an ingrate.

Seller can ask whatever he wants you can counter deal or walk.

2 years ago I had a moron offer me $450 on my near perfect 8mm FN49 when I told him no way in hell he lectured me on the value of my rifle If you want it buy it if not walk don't come HERE BITCHING Because  you can't find someone who will agree to your terms. because you think an aka is a 200 rifle.  

I f you want a collector grade sks then prepare to pay collector grade prices. don't whine about neck beards.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 3:02:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Bro, I've got more than that in it just in accessories.

It's got the Choate folding stock, USA sheet metal 40 round mag, Chinese red dot with mount and shell deflector, and even a bipod and mussle break. This thing is a totally pimped out machine of destruction, better than any AK. It's Chinese too, and they make the best ones. I can't let it go for anything less than $700. I'll even throw in the laser and flashlight and mount for free, along with a steel 30-round clip.

With all that, $700 is a bargain!
View Quote

If you were to put on a muscle break instead of a mussle (maybe you meant mussel?) break, it might be worth $800!
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 3:08:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
If dude has anywhere close to $1800 in an SKS then he must be a mouth-breathing retard.
View Quote

My only regret since I started buying guns was when I worked at a hardware store and the guys there all bought a crate of SKS from one of our dealers for $79 a piece.  One for each of them and that was the handpicked price.  

I thought those things are combloc and I just don't care.  Not cool enough for me at the time....

I should have got online right then and bought five crates of them.  
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 10:04:02 PM EDT
[#5]
I used to sit in my grandpa's gunshop in the late 90's and clean crate after crate full of SKS...I think we were buying them for $60 a piece and selling for $150.
At some point I owned 5 or 6 various models; sold my last arsenal 26 norinco a few months ago; cashed in on the panic.  Currently, on one of the local facebook gunswap pages there is a guy trying to sell a bubba'd norinco and a beat up yugo for $1200.  Scroll down a little bit and there is a beautiful russian in mint condition for the same asking price of $600.
Link Posted: 6/9/2014 2:39:58 PM EDT
[#6]
I remember going to gun shows in the 80's and early 90's and you could buy a Norinco with accessories for $69.00..dealers had tables stacked high with them...wish I had bought a 100 of them..best buy in a high-power rifle there in the last century..
Link Posted: 6/9/2014 3:03:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Any SKS over about $100 is too much for me.

But, I'm old.
Link Posted: 6/9/2014 3:53:18 PM EDT
[#8]
I traded my SKS for a golf car.  
Link Posted: 6/9/2014 8:13:41 PM EDT
[#9]
I thought I paid too much for my Yugo @$145. Those prices are nuts. Like a previous poster said,what you install on it means jack shit-it will always be an SKS.
Link Posted: 7/13/2014 7:56:18 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

back in the day I bought 10 for less than $70 each, and an SKS D for $125, Canadian at that

they were all chinese mind you, but they were good rifles for what they were

nowadays it is $200 or so up here for a russkie, more for a yugo that hasn't been bubba'd or tapco fucked. Chinese are still around $150 which isn't bad for inflation

I would never pay $700 for one, for that I would buy a VZ52/57 or be well on my way to a VZ858
View Quote
Is it possible to buy in Canada and bring back to michigan? Legally?

Link Posted: 8/18/2014 9:50:26 AM EDT
[#11]
I see Yugos around here sell for $300-$400 in excellent condition. Any aftermarket accesories (duckbill mags, plastic stocks, cheap optics & mounts) devalue from that price.

Frankly, the Yugo is a GREAT buy at anything <$200 (I paid ~$120). Anything more than that and I'd save for a better gun overall.
Link Posted: 9/7/2014 3:30:50 PM EDT
[#12]
Sadly the price is what the market will bear. We know how much they use to sell for so that is what we think the price should be.

They don' t seem to be importing them, so what is here is what is here. You can own them in many states where you can't own an AR or AK. I'm not aware of any comparable semi auto rifles in a center fire cartridge that sell for less then $400 or $500.

How much does a garand go for? I'm not talking about a piece of history as a collector would see it but from the common user's perspective. An M-1 uses oddball ammunition that isn't particularly cheap. It holds fewer rounds than an SKS. Requires clips that eject out of the gun after the last shot and you can't use it without the clip (as far as I know). Not many accessories like folding stocks or higher cap mags for it.

Not really all that surprising that the price for an SKS has gone up when you think of it like that. It's a pretty good rifle that is in dwindling supply. I'll keep my eye out for serviceable SKS rifles at around $250 or below, but I don't expect to find any.
Link Posted: 9/7/2014 3:43:26 PM EDT
[#13]
I'm trying to get 550$ for my 69 alby.....700 would be great.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top