Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Krinkov
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 11/23/2015 8:46:14 PM EDT
So I have a milled bulgarisn underfolder type 3 parts kit I bought a few years ago on sale from  Apex for 100 dollars. I already have a type 3 milled Bulgarian rifle so I'd like to do a SBR krink instead of a full size rifle to go with my Colt commando Sbr clone I'm building.
I was looking around and it seems the only parts I need are a rear hinge block and top cover, gas tube, front sight/gas block , barrel and a krink gas piston. Does this sound right ? I was considering canabalizing a Sam7k for parts but at a cost of 1200 bucks for parts that kind of puts it out of the realm of reasonable. Will all my other parts work on a krinkov ? I want to do this right, but don't know much about AK shorties.
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 12:54:03 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AEnemaBay] [#1]
Essentially you're not going to be using any of the front end parts from that Type 3 kit. Unless you're going to be using a milled receiver, you're also going to need a front and rear trunnion. If you are going to use a milled underfolder receiver, the parts that you will need are:

-Barrel, AKSU pattern (~$200 or more)
-FSB/GB combo block w/plunger, spring, pin (~$113)
-Handguard retainer (~$65)
-Gas tube (~$58)
-Handguards (~$120)
-Rear hinge block w/plunger, spring, pin (~$100)
-Receiver cover (~$130)
-Gas piston, 7.62 AKSU pattern (~$26)
-Muzzle device, 24mm (~$65)
-Receiver (depends)

Total (not including receiver, 922r parts, build cost) = ~$877

Parts you can reuse from your kit:

-Stock assembly
-Bolt
-Bolt carrier
-FCG
-Pistol grip
-Trigger guard
-Selector lever (although it may not mate well with the receiver cover)

So after adding in the cost of a receiver, 922r parts, and build costs you're going to be looking at the same (or more) cost as a factory built rifle. If you take your time to find cheaper parts (not a guarantee in this enviroment) and can build it yourself you'll obviously save yourself some money. But it'll still be a home-build.
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 1:28:21 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By AEnemaBay:
Essentially you're not going to be using any of the front end parts from that Type 3 kit. Unless you're going to be using a milled receiver, you're also going to need a front and rear trunnion. If you are going to use a milled underfolder receiver, the parts that you will need are:

-Barrel, AKSU pattern (~$200 or more)
-FSB/GB combo block w/plunger, spring, pin (~$113)
-Handguard retainer (~$65)
-Gas tube (~$58)
-Handguards (~$120)
-Rear hinge block w/plunger, spring, pin (~$100)
-Receiver cover (~$130)
-Gas piston, 7.62 AKSU pattern (~$26)
-Muzzle device, 24mm (~$65)
-Receiver (depends)

Total (not including receiver, 922r parts, build cost) = ~$877

Parts you can reuse from your kit:

-Stock assembly
-Bolt
-Bolt carrier
-FCG
-Pistol grip
-Trigger guard
-Selector lever (although it may not mate well with the receiver cover)

So after adding in the cost of a receiver, 922r parts, and build costs you're going to be looking at the same (or more) cost as a factory built rifle. If you take your time to find cheaper parts (not a guarantee in this enviroment) and can build it yourself you'll obviously save yourself some money. But it'll still be a home-build.
View Quote

Thanks for the info. Sounds like I need to shop around AK rifles have gotten expensive. I plan on using a milled receiver from cnc warrior. I built a rifle on one of theirs several years ago and now regret selling it, but I needed the money back then. I want to keep this sub 2000 dollars with the NFA tax stamp. I was looking around and it seems the rear sight hinge block will be the hardest part to acquire. I plan on using two river arms to do my build as they are only a 15 minute drive from me and they built my current milled AK and it turned great. The plan is to buy a part every other paycheck until I have everything. Thanks again for the info
Link Posted: 7/5/2017 9:54:44 AM EDT
[#3]
My "shooter" Tula krink I built for fairly cheap, but it was very unusual circumstances and incredible luck.  During the initial obama panic, a guy not too far from me REALLY wanted a couple of stripped lowers I had.  To the point he traded me two stripped lowers for a complete numbers matching unissued Rguns tula krink kit.  I keep a stash of lowers in the back of my safe.  Always have.  They were $35 PSA blem specials.  Then jumped on board for a $200 V5 bluejack barrel, nodak spud receiver, and built/painted it myself.  So roughly $500 including my tax stamp.  Not too shabby.  But like I said, some serious luck and right place right time kind of occurrence.  It CAN be done, but wouldn't bet on it if it were my money.  

Like the old saying goes.  Fast.  Good Quality.  Cheap.  You can only have two of the three.
Link Posted: 7/5/2017 12:18:47 PM EDT
[#4]
This post was from 2015, brotha. If he hasn't got one by now when the 104's were available, he's probably given up on it, haha.
Link Posted: 7/5/2017 2:11:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Wow, what great luck!

Originally Posted By uao85:
My "shooter" Tula krink I built for fairly cheap, but it was very unusual circumstances and incredible luck.  During the initial obama panic, a guy not too far from me REALLY wanted a couple of stripped lowers I had.  To the point he traded me two stripped lowers for a complete numbers matching unissued Rguns tula krink kit.  I keep a stash of lowers in the back of my safe.  Always have.  They were $35 PSA blem specials.  Then jumped on board for a $200 V5 bluejack barrel, nodak spud receiver, and built/painted it myself.  So roughly $500 including my tax stamp.  Not too shabby.  But like I said, some serious luck and right place right time kind of occurrence.  It CAN be done, but wouldn't bet on it if it were my money.  

Like the old saying goes.  Fast.  Good Quality.  Cheap.  You can only have two of the three.
View Quote
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 10:54:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By AEnemaBay:
This post was from 2015, brotha. If he hasn't got one by now when the 104's were available, he's probably given up on it, haha.
View Quote
Lol , I forgot about this post , I still have the kit and just purchased the rear block and krink front sight from Kvar today since they finally got some in stock and I was finally quick enough to get one before they sold out

Slowest moving  build thread ever

Now i have the

Rear sight block
Front sight block
Bolt carrier group
G2 trigger group
Stock
Recoil spring
Pistol grip screw
Receiver stubs , still need to get them welded up!
Link Posted: 9/7/2018 3:45:23 AM EDT
[#7]
Holy shit, slowest build ever . Waiting for milled tortot sidedolders to come in stock . In another 10 years maybe I’ll have finished this build . I’ve been too busy learning to brew beer I keep forgetting about the kit I have
Link Posted: 9/18/2018 9:51:20 AM EDT
[#8]
Wow, I'm not the only one with a slow krink build. Don't worry OP. I'm right there with you. Bought a SLR104UR around 2015, finally submitted the NFA paperwork and got it around July, still haven't chopped the barrel.
Link Posted: 9/20/2018 5:32:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By walkinginadangerzone:
Wow, I'm not the only one with a slow krink build. Don't worry OP. I'm right there with you. Bought a SLR104UR around 2015, finally submitted the NFA paperwork and got it around July, still haven't chopped the barrel.
View Quote
I just got mine back, dremeled the barrel an inch past the block just cuz then sent it to Cw to finish it right
Page AK-47 » Krinkov
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top