Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Krinkov
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 8/22/2015 5:20:21 PM EDT
Hey, I don't post much of this forum, but I'm so proud of this rifle I just have to share:

Finally!!!  My Bulgarian AKS74U is built...by me!
I've had this kit for over two years.  My 74ULLC receiver and tax stamp came, and I finally had the confidence to build the damn thing.  I purchased this kit right before the SLR104UR's were released.  I'm glad I built this instead of selling it and buying the 104UR.  Knowing I built this with my own hands, makes me LOVE it that much more.

This built isn't perfect and I ran into several issues, but I was able to overcome them.  I did my best to make it look like the original rifle.

I tried several different paints and mixtures of paints and I finally settled on KG Gunkote AK Black.  Turned out pretty damn good.  Everything has original finish, minus the receiver, front/rear trunnion, and trigger guard.  I didn't want to paint anything but the receiver, but unfortunately I couldn't pull it off.

The mag lockup is Perfect, the bolt carrier cycles smooth as silk.  I just need to shoot the damn thing!!

Here are some pics:

Link Posted: 8/22/2015 6:19:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Looks good. Nicely done.
Link Posted: 8/22/2015 7:31:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Looks great.
Link Posted: 8/23/2015 9:34:35 AM EDT
[#3]
Looks great! Nice work.
Link Posted: 8/23/2015 10:45:04 AM EDT
[#4]
those are some great looking rivets! Let us know how she shoots!

excellent finish job too!
Link Posted: 8/23/2015 1:09:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks!  

I just finished building it, then had to leave town for several days. Can't wait to get home so I can test fire it.  The FSB/GB looks slightly canted from the factory, but is should still be good to go.  I will let you know how it shoots.
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 4:19:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Finally!  I got to test fire the rifle this morning.  This thing is a BEAST!  I love how small and light the package is, yet extremely LETHAL!  I fired 120 rounds through it without a single hiccup.  The one thing I will have to get used to is the full auto notch on the receiver.  The rifle will fire one round in that position.  It must be in semi-auto to function correctly.  So I must make a conscious effort to make sure the selector is in the semi-auto position.  

This rifle does indeed have a canted FSB/GB.  It kit came canted to the left from the factory.  I was able to zero it with minor adjustment.  I could reposition the FSB/GB, but I'm going to leave it alone.  My goal is to keep it as original as possible.  

I sighted it in at 25 meters, then shot steel at 100 yards with no problem at all.  I love how easy it is to stabilize the rifle due to its light weight and even center of gravity.  
I must say that it isn't nearly as accurate as my 104FR or Bulgy 105 clone.  I was making around 1" groups at 25 meters, certainly not the best.  But, I didn't have any issues hitting steel at 100.

As far as the finish goes, I believe that Molly Resin is more resilient than KG Gunkote.  I prepped for paint the exact same way for both.  However, I applied KG K-Phos beforehand because its suppose to make Gunkote that much stronger.  Even with K-Phos applied w/ Gunkote, I believe Molly Resin is more wear resistant.  With that said, KG Gunkote will likely be my go to paint from here on out because they have a larger variety of colors and its easier to apply.  I think Gunkote will wear evenly with the original finish.

Also, the button to unlock the sidefolder is so tight I can't depress it with my fingers.  It's not the button itself, but the latch that grips the sidefolder.  I was hoping it would be broken in by now but it isn't.  Hopefully once I smack it several dozen more times with a rubber mallet it will break in.

This Krink is definitely in the top 2 of my collection.  Its a toss up between this and the Bulgy 105 clone.  The 105 is more accurate, damn near the same as my 104FR, but the Krink is such a small and light package...and it looks Badass!

All in all, I LOVE this rifle.  I'm extremely happy with this build.
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 7:16:41 AM EDT
[#7]
file off the tab on the selector that holds the disconnector down when it's in the FA position, or change out the disconnector to one w/o a tail on it and it will fire semi in both positions.

The button and latch will break in eventually, give it time.

Glad to hear it shot good! And welcome to the club!
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 4:10:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By nictra:
file off the tab on the selector that holds the disconnector down when it's in the FA position, or change out the disconnector to one w/o a tail on it and it will fire semi in both positions.

The button and latch will break in eventually, give it time.

Glad to hear it shot good! And welcome to the club!
View Quote

Awesome, thanks for the tip, I wasn't aware of that!
Link Posted: 9/5/2015 7:15:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Very nice!  I thought your serial number looked familiar so I checked my Krink and the serial number from my kit has the same "AB" prefix with a number that is less than 25 off from yours.  

This is an old picture of mine.  I've since changed out the grip and handguards.

Link Posted: 9/5/2015 7:17:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Nice job; love how clean it came out.
Link Posted: 9/7/2015 1:10:37 PM EDT
[#11]
That makes me want to put my 104UR in a trashcan.  Those kits were impossible to find when I wanted to build one.
Link Posted: 9/7/2015 1:50:10 PM EDT
[#12]
In regards to your folder latch button, push the stock "open" , and you'll relieve pressure, making pushing the button easy.
Link Posted: 9/15/2015 8:29:33 PM EDT
[#13]
Thanks for the compliments everyone, much appreciated.  This is my pride and joy!   At least until I build the 7.62 Bulgy Krink.

Originally Posted By XeroSygnal:
Very nice!  I thought your serial number looked familiar so I checked my Krink and the serial number from my kit has the same "AB" prefix with a number that is less than 25 off from yours.   ]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By XeroSygnal:
Very nice!  I thought your serial number looked familiar so I checked my Krink and the serial number from my kit has the same "AB" prefix with a number that is less than 25 off from yours.   ]

Man, thats pretty cool, our rifles are basically siblings.  Very nice looking rifle!

Originally Posted By CKxx:
That makes me want to put my 104UR in a trashcan.  Those kits were impossible to find when I wanted to build one.

Haha, that's pretty funny man.  Having a factory krink is once in a lifetime opportunity as well.  I was a little pissed when they released the 104UR several months after I bought my kit.  I would have sold mine but I already had the tax stamp approved.

Originally Posted By MisterPX:
In regards to your folder latch button, push the stock "open" , and you'll relieve pressure, making pushing the button easy.

Man, I'm having a difficult time picturing this.  When the stock is locked in the open position, I'm having a difficult time pressing the button to fold the stock to the side.  I really havent had the time to play with it much, but I'm hoping it will break in.  My other rifles eventually broke in, but this one is being stubborn.
Link Posted: 9/24/2015 8:25:27 PM EDT
[#14]
Okay, stock is locked open.  Grab rifle, and try to push the stock even more open, clockwise. Then push release button.

Yeah, it sounds rough over words, but in person, it's like 3 seconds and you're set.
Link Posted: 9/26/2015 12:04:32 PM EDT
[#15]
Very well done that's a sexy piece right there1
Link Posted: 11/5/2015 9:43:07 AM EDT
[#16]
What kind of finish did you use ?...........
Link Posted: 11/5/2015 10:12:08 AM EDT
[Last Edit: timkel] [#17]
Nice rivet work.

Link Posted: 11/5/2015 4:01:35 PM EDT
[#18]
Such a beautiful rifle! Nice job for sure! Shows some real talent in building.
Link Posted: 11/6/2015 11:20:37 PM EDT
[#19]
Thanks a lot guys, much appreciated.  I used AK Black Gunkote on the receiver, front/rear trunnion, and trigger guard.  Everything else has the original finish.

I am finishing up a Tula AKSU build tomorrow, turned out pretty good I'm pretty excited.  I'll be sure to post some pics.

Link Posted: 11/7/2015 12:35:31 PM EDT
[#20]
Here's my Tula AKSU, all finished!!

Link Posted: 11/8/2015 11:04:31 PM EDT
[#21]
Nice looking AKSUs here!  great job on the build!
Page AK-47 » Krinkov
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top