BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Krinkov
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 2/23/2015 7:26:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: joedh12]
Hello everyone,

I recently purchased an Arsenal SLR 106ur and I'm currently awaiting my tax stamp to cut down the barrel. What are your opinions on adding a suppressor. If I leave enough barrel to thread could I thread it to 1/2 x 28 and add a muzzle break for a suppressor. I have a specwar 5.56 on the way and would like to find a way to make it fit. I know about the Halo adapter but don't want to buy a new suppressor if I don't need to. Thanks!
Link Posted: 2/23/2015 9:26:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By joedh12:
Hello everyone,

I recently purchased an Arsenal SLR 106ur and I'm currently awaiting my tax stamp to cut down the barrel. What are your opinions on adding a suppressor. If I leave enough barrel to thread could I thread it to 1/2 x 28 and add a muzzle break for a suppressor. I have a specwar 5.56 on the way and would like to find a way to make it fit. I know about the Halo adapter but don't want to buy a new suppressor if I don't need to. Thanks!
View Quote

i had asked AAC about this recently and they emailed me a link to their blog post about suppressing AK's
Link Posted: 2/23/2015 10:21:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks Kami,

That was informative. Sounds as though it may not even be worth the time or risk.
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 8:21:35 AM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By joedh12:

Thanks Kami,

That was informative. Sounds as though it may not even be worth the time or risk.
View Quote
The biggest issue is concentricity. Once that has been tackled, they're still fun. I do not own a suppressor, but have friends that do. The AK is still a fun rifle suppressed.

Link Posted: 3/2/2015 12:48:32 AM EDT
[#4]
do what you are thinking it makes life easier.  do not risk the bore being off center.   I did mine this way and it is amazing.

Link Posted: 3/5/2015 8:49:10 PM EDT
[#5]
For a little extra piece of mind a .30 cal can gives you a little more room to play with against baffle strikes.
Page AK-47 » Krinkov
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top