Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Krinkov
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 1/26/2014 9:05:43 PM EDT
Hi, I have a bulgy krink built on a stamped armory receiver. Looks like the receiver is set up for a double hook trigger but appears to have the original modified single hook trigger group installed. The trigger feels like shit. What are my options for a replacement trigger group? I like the gun but the shitty trigger makes me have thoughts of selling the rifle. Hopefully I can spend a little $ and perhaps change my mind.
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 2:14:13 AM EDT
[#1]
I had a problem with very painful trigger slap on my Arsenal 106U with it's factory trigger. I put in a tapco G2 trigger and it removed the slap and it is a lot smoother without a gritty feeling.
I'm sure there are better ones out there like red star arm's adjustable trigger but I've never bothered to try any others because the tapco worked well enough for my purposes.
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 1:36:30 PM EDT
[#2]
If the receiver is cut for a double-hook, I would recommend a Tapco G2 double-hook FCG. They are good triggers. The only thing about them I dislike is the cosmetics in that they stampe their name on the side of the trigger in view, where as the Arsenal's do not. On one particluar build, I purposely used the Arsenal-Kvar FCG for just that reason. I tried a mod to the Arsenal to improve it, but havn't been out to the range yet to test it.
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 1:54:51 PM EDT
[#3]
in my experience, the double hooks take more weight to pull than the singles.

The real answer here is to go shoot the hell out of it and wear it in. You can polish it yourself, but shooting it in much more fun. My SBR "krink" has over 10k through it and the trigger is 1000x nicer than any new trigger I have experienced.
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 6:18:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By nictra:
in my experience, the double hooks take more weight to pull than the singles.
View Quote

Interesting.....I've never noticed a difference in pull weight between single and double. Are you judging that by a trigger weight scale, or just by feel?
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 7:22:25 PM EDT
[#5]
By feel. My Saiga I just built has a nee single hook, and my m85 has a new double. The m85 requires a lot more pull
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 1:00:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Get a Red Star Arms trigger. Best trigger available for the AK, bar none. Adjustable weight and length of pull. I have mine around 4 lbs and can run my AKs almost as fast an auto. With arsenals youll need to fill off a bit of your tail on the fire selector, and may even need to take a slight bit of meat off the rivet that pops up near the back where your trigger group rests on the bottom of your reciever, so you can increase your sear engagement.

I have two of these triggers and I love them. As much as I love Arsenal, their triggers suck!
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 1:47:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Think I ended up swapping the trigger group for a tapco G2. Can't remember but I think it was single hook. Gun works better now. Still have it, need to shoot it more.
Link Posted: 2/17/2015 1:18:03 PM EDT
[#8]
ALG announced a new AK trigger; should be available in a couple months.  If their AR side is any indicator, it should be a fantastic trigger for the price.

Until then, just go blast a few thousand rounds.  You'll be happy with the results.  
Link Posted: 2/20/2015 9:20:26 PM EDT
[#9]
I polished the crap out of my trigger and it is now light and smooth. Just be careful not to change any geometry.
Link Posted: 2/20/2015 9:29:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ArmedFerret] [#10]
ETA:  Derp.  Forgot which side i was on.  

A friend has been known to shim (with weld bead) under the rear of the trigger to take out creep.  Obviously done carefully to ensure the disconnector/reset remains the same.
Page AK-47 » Krinkov
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top