Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Egyptian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 2/21/2013 1:51:01 AM EDT
I have recently assembled an Egyptian parts kit. It's a wood stock with all matching arabic markings. The kit I bought private sale so it could have passed through a couple hands and I want to make sure I am using the correct color pistol grip to stay true to what the rifle would have originally had.

The kit has 1987 arabic markings. It came with a black pistol grip. Does that sound like the correct color for what would have been on a wood buttstock Egyptian AK47 in service at that time? In 1987 would it likely of had brown or black pistol grip?

I have read on previous threads that the black pistol grip is more common on the folding metal stock Egyptian AK47's and the brown grips are more common on the wood stock ak47s. Is that true? Were there wood buttstock Egyptian AK47s in service from 1987 with black pistol grips? Were the specific years where only specific color grips came out of the factory?
Link Posted: 2/21/2013 9:42:52 AM EDT
[#1]
Either will work. Many examples of rifles being found with black and brown grips shipped in the same crate from the factory.
Link Posted: 11/3/2013 7:15:12 PM EDT
[#2]
As the other person mentioned they have been seen with brown or black grips. Personally, I do recall seeing the original steyer imports, up thru the century, I've never seen anything other than black pistol grips on factory built ak's.

I have seen pics of Egyptian soldiers with brown gripped ak's, but not one brown gripped ak in any US retailers shop.  On a side note, I did see a gun show peddler selling the black grips seperately(marked up), and brown grips in the few kits he had. Not sure if he pulled those, but I felt he did.
Link Posted: 11/3/2013 8:26:09 PM EDT
[#3]
As stated above, either.
Link Posted: 11/3/2013 11:07:55 PM EDT
[#4]
my non-matching maadi kit came with a poo-colored grip.  fixed wood stock, from cole's.
Page AK-47 » Egyptian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top