Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 5/20/2016 4:55:52 PM EDT
I might have some cash coming in and I have a desire to aquire a full sized AK to go with my PAP pistol. The VEPR in 7.62x39 with 16 inch bbl is the closest to what I am looking for in an AK pattern rifle but its not quite there. So I want to make some modifications, I have never owned a VEPR and have only shot one once. The modifications would consist of.

A Hogue grip.

Aperture rear sight.

Muzzle brake, or flash hider.

Perhaps a red dot on a side rail later on.

The things I am would like some more info on would be the last two major mods.

Magpul Zhukov folding stock.

ALG trigger and probably some other parts for 922r compliance.

I have been looking around to see if anyone has either of these items installed on a VEPR and have come up with nothing. I imagine that a slant cut VEPR would need an adaptor of some sort but I haven't the foggiest where to find one for a Zhukov stock. As for the ALG trigger I had a heck of a time installing it in my PAP but I imagine it can be done in a VEPR. That said I simply don't know.
Link Posted: 5/21/2016 9:34:48 AM EDT
[#1]
I have the ALG trigger in a 7.62x39 VEPR, however it was installed by the guy I purchased it from.  It actually had a slant cut adapter and the magpul Ak Moe stock on it when I got it.  I wasn't pleased with the way the slant adapter fit and knew canis makes great adapters so I used in of theirs.  I don't think you would have too hard of a time getting the Zhukov to fit, it's no different than a normal ak patterned stock.  Muzzle brakes take all of 5 mins to get the pinned cap off with a dremel tool.  Grips will be just like any other ak once the thumbhole stock is removed.  I would hold off on the rear site until you shoot it.  Something about the sight on the Vepr that is more confidence inspiring than the standard ak sight, YMMV.
Link Posted: 5/30/2016 10:55:07 AM EDT
[#2]
Have ALG triggers in both my 7.62 & 5.45 Veprs…simple install & I used the supplied roll pins in both. Would recommend you order a spring so you don't have to disassemble the stock trigger assembly.

The Magpul stock…it's poly/plastic and have heard of breakage in the hinge. Might consider the Bonesteel folder/adapter assembly, it's all metal.

Grips…the Hogue has a nice non-slip feel/texture.

The supplied rear sight is adjustable for windage and elevation, might consider using it for a while before going to an aperture or contact Rifle Dynamics in Vegas for one of their modified pieces.

Red dot…get a good mount, Arsenal SM-13, RS Regulate or Midwest Industries that will hold zero. Gas tube rails/sight make the front end heavier than it already is…due to Vepr bull barrel.

Muzzle brake…easy to remove nut with Dremel & install brake style of choice.

Hope you enjoy your VEPR!!
Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top