Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/22/2015 12:05:56 AM EDT
I've had my 54R Vepr for a while and am thinking about this handguard...

Thoughts?

Link Posted: 9/22/2015 1:11:07 AM EDT
[#1]
Why? Do you plan on attaching stuff to it? If not then save your $ and leave it alone.
Link Posted: 9/22/2015 7:29:55 AM EDT
[#2]
I think the why is irrelevant. I have no idea on the VEPR's OP, but I do know Carolina Shooting has some conversion stuff, you might start there. I'm sure Drag and some of the other guys will be along before too long to point you in the right direction.

Link Posted: 9/22/2015 10:44:50 AM EDT
[#3]
I like the idea that I have mounting options but don't have to grip a HG full of rail and its just as narrow as the wood stock without being as blocky as something like the krebs.

I've looked at the stuff on CSS but its the same stuff that been around for years...yawn.

I've pre-ordered one along with some keymod "stick-ems" will post when I receive it after Oct1.

Link Posted: 9/22/2015 10:49:55 AM EDT
[#4]
Not exactly into the garage shelving look. But if you like it, like Keymod, get it. An M-Lok version might be cool.

Manticore... should be GTG.
Link Posted: 9/22/2015 6:06:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Not into keymod so much myself, but they should re-name the company Manti-hardcore, products are serious chunks of hardware, about to splurge on an extended rail for another rifle, but i'm thinking an Arc Lok version with a flat topcover would look good on my Vepr down the line.

Link Posted: 9/26/2015 9:30:39 AM EDT
[#6]
Looks like getting ready to ship soon...

Link Posted: 9/26/2015 9:35:23 AM EDT
[#7]
it's all fun and games with your 54 vepr until you have to carry it...or tread water with it.

Link Posted: 9/26/2015 9:26:27 PM EDT
[#8]

How much? Shipped with a new 5mm fine thread mounting screw? It is hard to find.
Link Posted: 9/27/2015 11:09:08 AM EDT
[#9]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

How much? Shipped with a new 5mm fine thread mounting screw? It is hard to find.

View Quote
Listing is here....

Link Posted: 9/27/2015 3:25:38 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I think the why is irrelevant. I have no idea on the VEPR's OP, but I do know Carolina Shooting has some conversion stuff, you might start there. I'm sure Drag and some of the other guys will be along before too long to point you in the right direction.  
View Quote

I think "why" is completely relevant. Especially when this is a $200+ accessory.  That's like putting an ultimak on with no plans of installing a red dot.
Link Posted: 9/27/2015 5:27:02 PM EDT
[#11]
While I get the "why"  I think this item has many more usage than the dumb ultimax. Who ever though mounting accessories in an area that get as hot as a gas tube does? People who install the Ultimax do it just for the hell of it as it doesn't really have any uses and as many of them as I have seen installed I don't ever see anything on them. At least I can mount lights or angled forgrip or bi-pod the a keymod handguard.

I've already placed my preorder for one so we soo how it goes.

Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top