Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 7/28/2015 1:14:31 PM EDT
I just converted my saiga 12, my only issue now is my krebs mk6-s safety has to be custom fit (per krebs custom)

Anybody got any pointers
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 1:37:59 PM EDT
[#1]
I have the Krebs safety on my S12 and didn't have to do anything other than install it and go.

I suppose that due to variations from gun to gun, some will require some fitting, but mine was a drop-in.

Link Posted: 7/28/2015 1:58:48 PM EDT
[#2]
I have the gun completely assembled and the trigger functions, but I cannot get the safety to move more than a 1/4inch up. The gun will not go into safe.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 2:20:41 PM EDT
[#3]
I lied to you.  It has been so long since I installed my Krebs safety in my S12 that my memory failed me.

I just took my S12 apart and looked at my Krebs safety.  I did have to file on the little vertical tab that extends from the safety and rides over the trigger leg.  I filed on the little tab until it was short enough to allow the safety to go into the safe position.

Works fine after that minor fitting.  Trigger is a G2 on mine.

Link Posted: 7/29/2015 7:18:06 AM EDT
[#4]
Well now I am stuck like chuck. I installed an axis pin plate and I cannot drive my pins out with a punch to remove the safety
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 7:58:05 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Well now I am stuck like chuck. I installed an axis pin plate and I cannot drive my pins out with a punch to remove the safety
View Quote

I can't picture how you got it together using the axis plate since the safety usually goes in last to secure it in position, but if the safety is in the fire position you can carefully pull it away from receiver and rotate it all the way around clockwise down past the trigger guard and back to the removal position.
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 8:40:16 AM EDT
[#6]
Since the trigger is binding the safety I don't think I can move the trigger down far enough to rotate the lever past it.
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 10:08:58 AM EDT
[#7]
The new plan is to use some 2x4's to kinda flex the receiver while using a flat head screwdriver to get the trigger as far back as possible and then try and monkey the safety out
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 12:49:55 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The new plan is to use some 2x4's to kinda flex the receiver while using a flat head screwdriver to get the trigger as far back as possible and then try and monkey the safety out
View Quote

File a 45* angle on the rear corner of the trigger where the safety is catching in it. Just a little, not much. Use a hobbyist file or precision file. The idea is to barely take off enough of that corner to be able to swing the safety up and remove it. Once you have the safety out, fit the bottom where it was catching a little and try it. The safety should not drag on the trigger when engaged. It is only meant to block the trigger enough to keep the weapon from firing.
Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top