Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 7/11/2015 11:40:44 AM EDT
Anyone have any advice? I'm assuming you have to unscrew the sling stud, but it's tighter than a nun's.....

I have the 20" version and am going to be doing some mods IF I can get this handguard off
Link Posted: 7/11/2015 1:59:12 PM EDT
[#1]
The handguard is retained by the sling stud screw on Veprs.
Link Posted: 7/11/2015 2:21:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The handguard is retained by the sling stud screw on Veprs.
View Quote

I realize this. Any idea how to get it off? My screw won't budge. I started to fowl it, so I stopped and am seeking advice.
Link Posted: 7/12/2015 10:01:37 AM EDT
[#3]
Turn it sights down, a drop of Kroil on the screw head and let it seep down for a while. Use a correct size hollow ground screw driver. Tap the screw **lightly** with a hammer, using the screw driver between the hammer and screw.  Small screw, shouldn't be that tight. Just thinking out loud...
Link Posted: 7/12/2015 12:02:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks! I'll try that
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 11:41:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Might also try heating the fastener with a cigarette lighter, then turning it. The heat can break down and threadlocking compound present.
Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top