Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 5/6/2015 8:43:57 PM EDT
Hey gang. I am a proud S12 owner and I'm currently taking an executive protection class in which I am supposed to plan a trip for an executive to meet with Izhmash leadership in Izhevsk, Russia. What I'm trying to figure out is the exact locations of weapons-related (I know they make some econo-box cars and motorcycles too) facilities they have in that city. The theory is that the executive I am protecting will have some meetings with Izhmash leaders, tour weapons factories etc. Thus far, I've found these two places:

Oruzheynaya Kompaniya, Magazin
pr-d im. Deryabina, 3/4, ??. 11
Izhevsk, Russia

Izhmash
ul. Sverdlova, 32
Izhevsk, Russia

Which seem to be related (not sure!), but translations and conversion to our alphabet, plus my own complete lack of understanding of Russian are combining forces here and I'm not 100% sure I have the right sites. Does anyone know?

I've also found the Kalashnikov museum. AFAIK, it's unrelated to current business operations/production, but it's here...

???????-??????????? ???????? ????? ?. ?. ???????????
ul. Borodina, 19
Izhevsk, Russia

Anyone have any additional info/ideas? I'm working the google machine hard, but google translate etc can only do so much...
Link Posted: 5/7/2015 10:03:51 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/7/2015 11:37:56 AM EDT
[#2]
with all of the bankruptcies, mergers, and stuff that has gone on...you're probably right that that is the best source of info. Email sent! Hopefully they don't think I'm some chechen clown planning a terrorist attack or something.
Link Posted: 5/7/2015 11:45:50 AM EDT
[#3]
****forehead slap****

I was staring at the link you sent me and it took awhile before I realized that there was an address for Moscow...and right next to that you could click on Izhevsk and it would show you an address in that city. Looking at Google Maps, it seems pretty likely that it is where they have their management / design people. Doesn't look like an industrial site, so I would imagine they actually make the guns at a different address...but this one...

Udmurtia
Izhevsk
Deryabina driveway., 3

Has a large banner showing off their comp target rifles hanging off the site of it so it's a safe bet that they have some management stuff going down there. I had seen that site previously, but I saw the word "Izhmashavtotrans" which I presumed meant it was related to Izhmash's econo-box / motorcycle biz.

At any rate, live and learn. Maybe they'll reply with yet more details...

BTW, I like how the Russians write their addresses. "zip" code first, state, city, THEN street/building. Makes sense for mail sorters...
Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top