Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 3/24/2015 11:52:29 AM EDT
I'd like to get a Russian AK 74 variant before they are all gone and convert it with 922R parts to a "real" semi AK74.
Which one has better build quality ?
Or should I just buy a converted weapon and be done with it ?
If so which one.?
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 3:39:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Vepr are typically better fit & finish, but if you intend to build a accurate AK-74 clone you will need to start with the Saiga as it is an actual AK-74/AK-100 series rifle, and will easily accept standard AK-74 barrel components & furniture, etc..

If you want an AK-74 ready made, perhaps you should save up a bit more to buy an SGL-31, SLR-105, or a Waffen Werks Bulgarian AK-74 (be sure to check it out in person)
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 6:39:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Vepr are typically better fit & finish, but if you intend to build a accurate AK-74 clone you will need to start with the Saiga as it is an actual AK-74/AK-100 series rifle, and will easily accept standard AK-74 barrel components & furniture, etc..

If you want an AK-74 ready made, perhaps you should save up a bit more to buy an SGL-31, SLR-105, or a Waffen Werks Bulgarian AK-74 (be sure to check it out in person)
View Quote

Thanks for the reply. I googled the Arsenal rifles; pretty cool stuff. Waffen works, although the price is right, is said to have manufacturing problems with their receivers when they switched from Nodak spud.
Saiga may be the ticket.

Link Posted: 3/24/2015 8:43:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Convert!!!!!

I'm a huge fan of conversions. You learn so much in the process and you take a lot of pride in the work you do when it's all said and done. If you live in the Houston area I'd be more than happy to help you through the process. If not, I have a tutorial on here somewhere I can link you to to help you out if you need it.

Link Posted: 3/24/2015 11:13:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Convert!!!!!

I'm a huge fan of conversions. You learn so much in the process and you take a lot of pride in the work you do when it's all said and done. If you live in the Houston area I'd be more than happy to help you through the process. If not, I have a tutorial on here somewhere I can link you to to help you out if you need it.

View Quote

Yep. A well done conversion is a work of art, like your UF conversion Nictra.
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 4:39:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Convert!!!!!

View Quote

Thanks for the offer but I'm in DFW area..
I like the idea of an all Russian AK as far as the parts that really count and the assembly at the original factory as opposed to a US modified/made gun.on a russian parts kit.
I found IZ240's for $520.
Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top