Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 3/17/2015 6:52:56 PM EDT
It looks like like the newer ones do not have the welded folder stock, So $100 more for that.

Link Posted: 3/17/2015 7:38:46 PM EDT
[#1]
They are just plain awesome.

I liked my first one so much, I bought a second one.
Link Posted: 3/17/2015 8:29:10 PM EDT
[#2]
I just bought one from Classic.  Haven't shot it yet.  Looks high quality, though.  I'm happy so far.  I've only seen the welded stocks for $999, so $200 more unless you have a cheaper source.
Link Posted: 3/17/2015 8:29:51 PM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I just bought one from Classic.  Haven't shot it yet.  Looks high quality, though.  I'm happy so far.
View Quote

For the $799? what was the shipping?
Link Posted: 3/17/2015 8:31:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I just bought one from Classic.  Haven't shot it yet.  Looks high quality, though.  I'm happy so far.

Shipping was $20 or something.  I posted pics of my AK pistol I got from them to their website and they gave me a 5% off coupon that I used on the VEPR.  So, $40 off the price which I used for an extra 10 round mag for it.
Link Posted: 3/19/2015 11:36:38 PM EDT
[#5]
The one I used to have had painful trigger slap.
Link Posted: 3/20/2015 2:23:11 PM EDT
[#6]
I own one but haven't fired it yet.

There are way too many sharp edges and the safety is damn near impossible to use using the right hand thumb or finger while holding onto the pistol grip.

Link Posted: 3/21/2015 10:01:36 PM EDT
[#7]
i bought a saiga 12 unconverted and then found the vepr12 in stock durring the week of the ban on imports

i cut the weld on the vepr  did the trigger and puck and tried to make it compliant and bought 8 10 round mags  took it out shooting and it shot well and was fun  bu tit failed to shoot low brass federal target loads

I just recently sold it  after shooing it just that once.  so now i just converted the saiga added a dph 6 position plug ,gas puck .so well see how it works on the next range day

pros and cons  

vepr sights and nice and has a rail but its plastic. mag well on the vepr is cool the auto gas system didnt seam to help me with the low brass  i didnt like the vepr stock at all. and was heavier the saiga the vepr top cover is attatched.

so ill give the s12 a run and if not happy ill just get a tac 870 lol
Link Posted: 3/21/2015 11:01:41 PM EDT
[#8]
I love mine.  It shoots smooth and fast as fast as I can pull the trigger.  I bought cheap Federal low brass dove loads and had zero problems, 150rnds.  i bought the folder, but I doubt I will ever shoot it folded.  I would buy the $799 one and leave it that way. The stock looks badass.  The cheek rest is the only thing I am going to modify.  I am going to dremel the notch a little bit. It tends to move with the recoil. The notch is kind of shallow.  I think another 1/8th of an inch should do the trick.

Fyi, i did hand cycle the bolt a couple hundred times in front of the tv before taking it to the range.  Go light on the lube. I dont lube the puck, gas prt area or anything other than the contact points on the bolt or rail.  This is what i read recommended somewhere else and mine ran flawlessly.
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 8:01:03 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

I love mine.  It shoots smooth and fast as fast as I can pull the trigger.  I bought cheap Federal low brass dove loads and had zero problems, 150rnds.  i bought the folder, but I doubt I will ever shoot it folded.  I would buy the $799 one and leave it that way. The stock looks badass.  The cheek rest is the only thing I am going to modify.  I am going to dremel the notch a little bit. It tends to move with the recoil. The notch is kind of shallow.  I think another 1/8th of an inch should do the trick.

Fyi, i did hand cycle the bolt a couple hundred times in front of the tv before taking it to the range.  Go light on the lube. I dont lube the puck, gas prt area or anything other than the contact points on the bolt or rail.  This is what i read recommended somewhere else and mine ran flawlessly.
View Quote

I used a black zip tie around the stop for the cheek piece, it keeps it from pushing in and allowing the piece to rotate.

Works well for me as I am left handed so if I decide to break the weld it will still fold flat, but if you guys are using the fixed stock that wont matter for you.
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 8:04:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Shot mine in its first 3 gun match last weekend, really liked the gun, but it would stove pipe on federal bird shot loads about 1 in ever 15 shells.

I have since took the gun apart and polished the rails and bolt to try and alleviate this problem. I have not broken in the gun in any way except for cleaning and oiling the gun, put about 75 rounds threw the gun.
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 8:54:04 PM EDT
[#11]
Both of my Vepr 12s run the low brass Winchester AA without issue.  Both had 100+ rounds of full house buckshot and slugs through them before I got around to trying low brass.  Bought them to primarily run buck and slugs.

My first Vepr 12 was the fixed stock version, and it remains my favorite.  

My second Vepr 12 is the folder, I was hesitant to get the folder because I didn't think I would like the ergos of the stock.  Turns out that I find the folder quite comfy to shoot.

If I could have only one, it would be the fixed stock version.
Link Posted: 6/17/2015 10:32:51 AM EDT
[#12]
I noticed K-var has one already converted so that it can legally have the folding stock.

http://www.k-var.com/shop/VPR-12-1.html

Seems like a lot though at $1500.  Can anyone comment on if the modifications are worth the extra cost, or if it would be cheaper to do on your own to have the folding stock?
Link Posted: 6/18/2015 12:16:49 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

I noticed K-var has one already converted so that it can legally have the folding stock.

Seems like a lot though at $1500.  Can anyone comment on if the modifications are worth the extra cost, or if it would be cheaper to do on your own to have the folding stock?
View Quote

Personally, I would never pay anyone extra to make a firearm compliant.  Not when the parts to do it are relatively cheap and the work is easy.  Others may feel differently.

Link Posted: 6/18/2015 8:50:44 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Personally, I would never pay anyone extra to make a firearm compliant.  Not when the parts to do it are relatively cheap and the work is easy.  Others may feel differently.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

This...

Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top