Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 10/1/2014 6:41:13 PM EDT
Went up into the National Forest and found a nice little clearing against a hill where I could set up a 25 yard range. I finally got a chance to dial in the sights at 25, so my other setting would be good.  With the rear on the 200 setting, I have it dialed in POA/POI at 25 yards.  Should be good to 250 yards now.  Also sighted in my Tasco red Dot, though the battery died before just as I was finishing.  The modified Tapco G2 really cleaned up and lightened  the trigger pull, even with the factory linkage intact.

At 75 yards, shooting off hand, from a standing position, the red dot was dead nuts on, and I hit everything I aimed at.  At 50 yards without the sight, I did almost as well as the red dot at75 yards.

It functioned flawlessly from Saiga factory 10 rounders, and 30s - both  steel Com-Blocks and also with Tapco smooth sides.  The Tactical Tr-Delta comp worked great.  In fact, between it, the recoil buffer, and the vented Chinese Type 56 gas tube, the rapid shooting was more controllable than the un-comped barrel without a buffer, and with standard Saiga gas tube.  The combination really took the snap out of it.  More of a "push," than anything.

Also, the Tapco Saiga Intrafuse handguard with the aluminum heatshield I made inside of it worked great.  Several hundred rounds, and the handguard was only slightly warm.  Using the Chinese gas tube with the polymer upper handguard on it kept me from getting finger sizzle that you get with the Saiga Gas tube.

This is definitely my "go to" property defense weapon now.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 5:02:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Reminds me of a Hi-cap SKS.  

Is a side-folding option a no-no in CA?
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 8:05:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Reminds me of a Hi-cap SKS.  

Is a side-folding option a no-no in CA?
View Quote

Oh no! Side folders are also evil and dangerous.... What a bunch of sh*t!
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 5:25:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Why did you install a standard butt stock instead of the stock Saiga one? LOP?
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 5:29:13 PM EDT
[#4]
I liked the look and did want a shorter length of pull, but once I tried it it, I did not like it.  Ergonomics were wrong.  I have actually switched back to the factory stock.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 5:34:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I liked the look and did want a shorter length of pull, but once I tried it it, I did not like it.  Ergonomics were wrong.  I have actually switched back to the factory stock.
View Quote

I've been trying to find a method for shortening the Saiga stock.

I have seen people cut it, fill it with epoxy, and then attach a new butt plate to shorten it up.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 1:02:44 PM EDT
[#6]
as a fellow Californian (for now) I approve of your Saiga.  I love featureless guns.  Of course a grip wrap would probably be easier lol
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 7:04:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Why did you install a standard butt stock instead of the stock Saiga one? LOP?
View Quote

Solar Tactical wrap
Link Posted: 2/10/2015 11:27:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Well done. Your list of items used on your rifle didn't include a bullet guide.  So standard military-type AK mags work properly with the Saiga without the added expense and trouble of installing a bullet guide? I ask this because I have a fully original featureless version,and only have the original 10rd Saiga mag that came with it, but have a bunch of standard 10rd AK mags that I haven't had a chance to try on my rifle. I would like to use them with the rifle instead of getting much more expensive(and much hard to find now) Saiga-brand mags.

So I don't need a bullet guide on my IZ-132 7.62x39mm ?   Thanks.
Link Posted: 2/10/2015 11:42:34 PM EDT
[#9]
I like these featureless AK's and AR's. The bullet button on a rifle just to make it look like the one you tote in COD is dumb as hell to me.

Nice looking rifle and it gets the job done.
Link Posted: 2/11/2015 12:23:31 AM EDT
[#10]
What kind of blocker you rocking in the Tapco mag?
Link Posted: 2/14/2015 11:54:27 AM EDT
[#11]
I used the bodies to rebuild some dented pre-2000 possessed stell com-block.  I wasn't satisfied, though and used a rivet on the backstrap to block them at 10 and sold them.  Just un-dented the com-blocks.
Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top