Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 7/27/2014 12:30:46 PM EDT
Test fire my new Vepr today.  About 20% of time the bolt won’t hold open after the last round.  Is this normal?  I was using cheap bulk federal multipurpose load with 1200fps.
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 12:59:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Test fire my new Vepr today.  About 20% of time the bolt won’t hold open after the last round.  Is this normal?  I was using cheap bulk federal multipurpose load with 1200fps.
View Quote

No it's not normal.

Is the hammer spring rubbing on the bolt hold open lever?

Does the lever operate smoothly by hand?
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 1:15:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
View Quote

Insert empty mag. Rack bolt by hand to locate the problem.

Just happening with one particular mag? The floor plate on the mag has to contact the bolt lock. Should be pretty easy to locate the problem with a little looking.

Pull mag and push on bolt lock pin with your finger. Feel for resistance...ect. Inspect mag. Is floor plate reaching the top of the mag level without hanging up?
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 2:51:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Are you using factory mags? I had the same issue with the SGM 12 rounders, it worked itself out though. I guess they just needed breaking in.
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 11:48:58 PM EDT
[#4]
the BHD needs lubrication and worked thru its range of motion
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 1:58:08 PM EDT
[#5]
The Russian 5rd magazine lock back every time.  The SGM 12rd was the one having the problems.   You guys think it’s the magazine causing it?
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 2:15:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The Russian 5rd magazine lock back every time.  The SGM 12rd was the one having the problems.   You guys think it’s the magazine causing it?
View Quote

If that is the case, I would say the mag is the reason (or at least a big part of the reason) . Did you first check and make sure the hold open lever is moving freely with no binding?
Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top