Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 8/14/2014 11:11:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The vepr 12 is a pussy cat recoil wise. Standard 1 oz slug loads had very mild recoil compared to my 870 slug gun. I was very surprised
View Quote

I agree.I was shocked at how good the recoil pad is on these.

Makes them much more fun to shoot when its not kicking your shoulder to pieces.
Link Posted: 8/16/2014 3:16:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
So do these things kick that bad to justify these absurdly large muzzle brakes? I didn't know we were shoulder firing a Barret .50

Just the nature of the trend? You guys don't seem to obsess over them
View Quote

Because it makes Diane Feinstein cry
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 10:50:32 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So do these things kick that bad to justify these absurdly large muzzle brakes? I didn't know we were shoulder firing a Barret .50

I mean some of them I look at and say "I always wondered what kind of guy buys the large Dragon knives on Home Shopping Network... this guy apparently"
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 11:34:43 AM EDT
[#4]
This works on mine with ctr and thick pad

http://rifledynamics.com/products/ak-to-m-4-stock-adapter-by-rifle-dynamics
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 12:47:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I mean some of them I look at and say "I always wondered what kind of guy buys the large Dragon knives on Home Shopping Network... this guy apparently"
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1
Hahha dead on.
From my first gun show I ever went to I bought a cheapo survival knife. Im always playing with knives, opening and closing, love the cheap switch blades.
Now I buy quality but people always give me crap like dragon knives and swords and you know what? I still love them.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 11:30:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Took it to the NRA range this past weekend.

First 5 rounds out at 25 yards. Not sighted in, no choke, effectively right out of the box!

Link Posted: 8/28/2014 9:05:42 AM EDT
[#7]
I
Quoted:
Took it to the NRA range this past weekend.

First 5 rounds out at 25 yards. Not sighted in, no choke, effectively right out of the box!

http://i617.photobucket.com/albums/tt251/yukonboy03/IMG_20140824_223116_662_zps3679ee4a.jpg
View Quote

My Vepr 12s like Rem Sluggers as well, they group nicely with it.

Winchester Super-X performs equally well in my guns.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 8:33:49 PM EDT
[#8]
I gotta get one!
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 8:42:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Pure joy

Link Posted: 9/1/2014 3:33:37 PM EDT
[#10]
View Quote

Explain--.....
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 8:18:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Explain--.....
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Explain--.....

He means the small square button about 1/4" ahead of the hinge.  Push it forward (mine is quite stiff and requires a fair bit of force) and the stock folds.  You must first cut the small weld in the bottom of the receiver that permanently attaches the stock to the receiver for import purposes.
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 9:01:42 PM EDT
[#12]
Do these come threaded ?

Link Posted: 9/1/2014 9:19:30 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Do these come threaded ?

View Quote

yup
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 10:02:35 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Do these come threaded ?

View Quote

Muzzle threads are M22 x .75, same as the Saiga 12.

Link Posted: 9/1/2014 10:11:04 PM EDT
[#15]
Any news on cssspec mags?
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 10:18:57 PM EDT
[#16]
the csspec mags sold out yesterday between 8:30 and 10 pm
there will be more and other capacities

Link Posted: 9/2/2014 3:33:09 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 11:08:14 PM EDT
[#18]
View Quote

Got 2. They sold out in less than 10 minutes
Link Posted: 9/12/2014 10:34:55 AM EDT
[#19]
So had a few issues with CSS.
The two round mag blocks for hunting are too big and need to be modified. As they are you can fit two shells in but they get smashed and deform causing them not to load.
The krebs lever mark VII ambi safety does not replace the factory ambi safety. it has a round end not the notched end. I am still using original but left side is not functional.
I was told these have been fixed on the web site and they did say refund on the safety...
Link Posted: 9/14/2014 5:10:15 PM EDT
[#20]
any tips on softening the folding stock release? even after repeated working and oiling, mine is stiff to the point that it hurts my finger to press the release (either one).
Link Posted: 9/14/2014 9:35:28 PM EDT
[#21]
shoot it

mine got easier to fold after 100 rounds
Link Posted: 9/14/2014 9:52:12 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
shoot it

mine got easier to fold after 100 rounds
View Quote

That works, been meaning to finally get a real afternoon at the range anyway. Stupid work getting in the way of shooting.
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 12:05:08 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
any tips on softening the folding stock release? even after repeated working and oiling, mine is stiff to the point that it hurts my finger to press the release (either one).
View Quote

I know what you mean. Im thinking watch some TV, put on some gloves, give it a bit of oil and open/close it a lot of times.
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 12:42:02 PM EDT
[#24]
I had a gunsmith install a mid-brake on mine.  Probably ruined the resale value, but recoil was reduced 50% (totally subjective measurement.)
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 1:56:33 PM EDT
[#25]
Got a pic
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 6:15:48 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

I had a gunsmith install a mid-brake on mine.  Probably ruined the resale value, but recoil was reduced 50% (totally subjective measurement.)
View Quote

Need a pic.

Link Posted: 9/17/2014 9:32:18 AM EDT
[#27]
Have mine on order, looking to have it before Christmas, maybe even the end of October.  Unfortunately the only place I could find that had them in stock when I was looking was Buds and it was $1300 with a fixed stock.
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 3:24:53 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Have mine on order, looking to have it before Christmas, maybe even the end of October.  Unfortunately the only place I could find that had them in stock when I was looking was Buds and it was $1300 with a fixed stock.
View Quote

Looks like you got on too late. I had to pay up $150 from the day Obama sanctioned them. 1st post of this thread is Centerfire has 100+ for $950. Now people are paying $1300... Solid Investment!
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 6:06:37 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Looks like you got on too late. I had to pay up $150 from the day Obama sanctioned them. 1st post of this thread is Centerfire has 100+ for $950. Now people are paying $1300... Solid Investment!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm not super thrilled to pay 1300 for it but nobody else had them in stock.  They had them on a 180day layaway plan too, but I missed that by about 3 hours due to contacting my FFL to verify the transfer was okay (they have really weird hours).  I'm still looking forward to getting it though, checks off a few things for me:  shotgun, AK action, three gun
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 6:08:47 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

I'm not super thrilled to pay 1300 for it but nobody else had them in stock.  They had them on a 180day layaway plan too, but I missed that by about 3 hours due to contacting my FFL to verify the transfer was okay (they have really weird hours).  I'm still looking forward to getting it though, checks off a few things for me:  shotgun, AK action, three gun
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

It's a great shotgun.  Forget what you paid for it and just enjoy it.

Link Posted: 9/17/2014 7:22:10 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Need a pic.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Need a pic.

Will follow up.  I'm away from the safe for a few days.

Link Posted: 9/17/2014 7:59:40 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I love my FLGS, I paid 950ish just a few weeks ago, and they still have some in stock, same price today.

Link Posted: 9/18/2014 7:35:58 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I love my FLGS, I paid 950ish just a few weeks ago, and they still have some in stock, same price today.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

My FLGS is normally very good but they were out of stock and unable to get any in.  During the height of the run on ARs after Newtown I got mine for $600 through them.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 10:35:26 AM EDT
[#34]
I went ahead and added a few more goodies.

Green Laser
950 Lumen Light
this style Vertical Foregrip
pics to come

Next Up: Eotech
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 6:07:09 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
View Quote

Got a XPS2 on my fixed stock and love it.  Getting a decent cheek weld with one on a Vepr 12 (if that matters to you) can be a challenge, but my Magpul CTR with 3/4" riser works pretty well in that regard.
Big fan of Eotechs in general.  For me, nothing is faster to get on target.  They work very well on shotguns IME.

Link Posted: 9/19/2014 6:44:18 AM EDT
[#36]
How much do the Vepr 12s kick?  Is it enough that a brake will be helpful or is it a moot point?
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 11:57:15 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Got a XPS2 on my fixed stock and love it.  Getting a decent cheek weld with one on a Vepr 12 (if that matters to you) can be a challenge, but my Magpul CTR with 3/4" riser works pretty well in that regard.

Big fan of Eotechs in general.  For me, nothing is faster to get on target.  They work very well on shotguns IME.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is what I will be getting after all of my research.
Be here by Monday
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 1:35:24 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
How much do the Vepr 12s kick?  Is it enough that a brake will be helpful or is it a moot point?
View Quote

The recoil is light,unless your shooting 3" magnum loads. A brake would help im sure with rapid fire shots,its not really needed imo.

They are just so much fun to shoot i dont even notice the recoil. Guess it really depends on what you are going to use the Vepr for if you need a brake or not.
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 4:33:10 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

The recoil is light,unless your shooting 3" magnum loads. A brake would help im sure with rapid fire shots,its not really needed imo.
They are just so much fun to shoot i dont even notice the recoil. Guess it really depends on what you are going to use the Vepr for if you need a brake or not.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My gun is so heavy and has a big ass brake it doesnt kick much. Still 50 rounds of bird shot through 870 and about 200 rounds of 1255+ birdshot/buckshot only did this.
Im 6'5 190 lbs and use a pretty aggresive stance so 12 guage isnt so bad for me. This felt fine same day and %100 the next. But you can see the pad bruises..." />
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 6:25:57 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

My gun is so heavy and has a big ass brake it doesnt kick much. Still 50 rounds of bird shot through 870 and about 200 rounds of 1255+ birdshot/buckshot only did this.
Im 6'5 190 lbs and use a pretty aggresive stance so 12 guage isnt so bad for me. This felt fine same day and %100 the next. But you can see the pad bruises...http://<a href=http://i1144.photobucket.com/albums/o481/trentcam/WP_20140902_063_zpsc0f2fd22.jpg</a>" />
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Im 6'5 190 lbs and use a pretty aggresive stance so 12 guage isnt so bad for me. This felt fine same day and %100 the next. But you can see the pad bruises...http://<a href=http://i1144.photobucket.com/albums/o481/trentcam/WP_20140902_063_zpsc0f2fd22.jpg</a>" />

Sounds like a break is the right thing to do.  Thank you both!
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 12:10:11 AM EDT
[#41]
Is there any ammo that doesn't run well in the Veprs?  I know the Saiga's have some low brass issues, I haven't heard/read that about the Vepr but thought I would ask just to be sure.
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 1:56:25 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Is there any ammo that doesn't run well in the Veprs?  I know the Saiga's have some low brass issues, I haven't heard/read that about the Vepr but thought I would ask just to be sure.
View Quote

Stay away from low brass Winchester loads.Thats the only load i have had an issue with cycling.

Mine likes everything else, i prefer federal loads both in low and high brass.
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 5:18:08 PM EDT
[#43]
The lowest I go on the ammo scale is Winchester AA Super Sport (low brass) and both of my Vepr 12s run it without issue.  I buy it whenever I see it on sale locally because it's cheap and my Veprs like it.
Link Posted: 9/27/2014 9:21:33 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote

Avoid ammo marked low-recoil.
Link Posted: 9/27/2014 8:28:06 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote

Initially had trouble with Winchester Universal(low brass) from Walmart being too weak. I was getting failure to eject, empty shell would hang in the action. After 30 or so rounds of hotter loads, plus a few drops of Mobil 1 all is well. Even the Win Universal loads are fully cycling the action now. I am liking the VEPR 12 more and more with use.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 12:03:16 AM EDT
[#46]
My neighbor tossed out a bunch of rotten pumpkins from his garden.

I snagged them and am going to let the Vepr 12 destroy them into an orange mist this weekend
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 10:42:59 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

I snagged them and am going to let the Vepr 12 destroy them into an orange mist this weekend
View Quote

videos are required
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 11:07:53 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

videos are required
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

videos are required

Im going to try to take a video of the carnage.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:46:43 AM EDT
[#49]
Here's a friend with mine

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:01:43 PM EDT
[#50]
I like the Eotech height. It does not CoWitness but its easy to get a cheek weld and see through the Eotech. Accessories probably get moved back a bit.
" />" />" />" />
Page / 4
Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top