Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 2/24/2014 8:15:04 PM EDT
I have a NDM and Tigr both in 7.62 x 54R. I want to try a new scope mount. Who here has used one, and how is the quality. I see that the price runs from $80.00 to $200.00 so is the expensive Mako/Fab that much better than the Kalinka unit.

TIA.
Link Posted: 2/24/2014 8:51:25 PM EDT
[#1]
I've got a .308 NDM and the SVDM from Mako won't fit the rail, the cut is slightly off. Not sure if the 54R version is milled a bit different or not.
Link Posted: 2/25/2014 5:03:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the heads up on the Mako. The rails should be the same on the .308 & 54R. Did you modify the rail to fit or send it back.
Link Posted: 2/25/2014 8:16:22 PM EDT
[#3]
I haven't done anything with it yet, I just threw it in my spare parts box until I feel like tinkering with it.

So far as your original question, the only other two mounts that may fit are the IOR and BP-02 mount. The IOR mount is hard to find since it's not being manufactured anymore, and I'm not 100% on the BP-02, though if it does you won't have alot of rail to adjust for eye relief.
Link Posted: 2/25/2014 10:46:16 PM EDT
[#4]
NPZ is centered over the bore, Alpha is as well and the new ZenitCo should also fit the SVD/NDM86. I'll check over the weekend to be sure, but you can't go wrong with the NPZ

This is the AK version of NPZ on the NDM86, the SVD version is lower

ZenitCo B13 top, Alpha left and NPZ right

Quality on these are higher than any other side rail on the market, bar none

Z
Link Posted: 2/28/2014 5:36:21 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I haven't done anything with it yet, I just threw it in my spare parts box until I feel like tinkering with it.

So far as your original question, the only other two mounts that may fit are the IOR and BP-02 mount. The IOR mount is hard to find since it's not being manufactured anymore, and I'm not 100% on the BP-02, though if it does you won't have alot of rail to adjust for eye relief.
View Quote

Just an FYI,  The IOR mount is slightly off center to the left, on my NDM.
Link Posted: 3/1/2014 8:02:32 AM EDT
[#6]
Tx-zen

Nice site you put together,very informative & your scope collection is impressive for sure.  I did a quick cursory search for the NPZ mount in Google and didn't find a place to buy. I'm thinking Tatnal, Rusmilitary, or are there other places to get them.

Link Posted: 3/1/2014 10:41:04 AM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for the compliments, it's been a good project and I'm happy with the results so far.

The only place I know of for the NPZ is gunbroker, ok131583 (Oleg) has one right now . I really can't recall ever seeing the NPZ anywhere else.

I've dealt with Oleg quite a bit and do recommend him. He also has more of the ZenitCo B13 on GB

Kalinka had the Alpha rail at one point which is where I found mine but they have been out of stock lately, though they might have them now.

For an NDM I would probably recommend NPZ or Alpha but I am quite impressed with the ZenitCo B13.

Z

Link Posted: 3/1/2014 10:47:33 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Just an FYI,  The IOR mount is slightly off center to the left, on my NDM.
View Quote

If you have pics and/or a review of the IOR as always I'll be happy to host it on the site. For that matter I'd be happy to host or link to your shooting experience with the NDM, I know you have done some impressive long range shooting that I think people would appreciate knowing more about

Z
Link Posted: 3/1/2014 12:19:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Thx for the linkj
Link Posted: 3/1/2014 3:32:56 PM EDT
[#10]
Thanks Z.

I'll get some pics to you of the IOR mount.

Was planning on doing some more load testing of 155 SMK bullets in the Tigr for long range. As always, too many projects. Will get there, but later than I thought.
Link Posted: 3/2/2014 3:01:01 AM EDT
[#11]
Here's a couple older pics......

Will get some new pics in a day or two.  Finally getting some rain here in the desert. Yeah.
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 3:36:16 PM EDT
[#12]
just picked up the NPZ mount on gunbroker, he has a couple more listed now
Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top