User Panel

Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/23/2012 10:17:49 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
IT CAN BE DONE.  Got the stock in today.  Looked at it.  Looked at it some more.  Then I broke out the files.  

About 3/16th" off each one of the rounded sides and about 1/8th" off of the top.

I'm happy.  After a lot of work (relatively) I think I've made it work well.

http://i1052.photobucket.com/albums/s447/Ishtacka/photo5.jpg

http://i1052.photobucket.com/albums/s447/Ishtacka/photo6.jpg

Finally finished shaving my vltor tube & dph block...  looks alot like your setup above.  I did need to trim the bottom of the block around the trigger guard, didn't realize at first and nearly threw the block out in frustration

I also threaded the barrel to M15x1 RH, as my barrel diameter @ the muzzle was .611.  Just need a new handguard & the HK vortex to arrive (will trim to fit).
Link Posted: 4/23/2012 9:00:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Tomorrow night I will be tackling removing material from a polymer Kvar stock to fit in the DPH block. Put Dinzag's replacement gas tube for Vepr's and his lower hand guard retainer on tonight. Top quality stuff as always. Gonna thread the barrel 15x1 this week too.

Truth be told...I can't friggen wait!
Link Posted: 4/27/2012 5:56:26 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Tomorrow night I will be tackling removing material from a polymer Kvar stock to fit in the DPH block. Put Dinzag's replacement gas tube for Vepr's and his lower hand guard retainer on tonight.

Any update or pics on this??  I was looking at doing the same thing...
Link Posted: 4/27/2012 11:33:59 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Tomorrow night I will be tackling removing material from a polymer Kvar stock to fit in the DPH block. Put Dinzag's replacement gas tube for Vepr's and his lower hand guard retainer on tonight.

Any update or pics on this??  I was looking at doing the same thing...

It was a no go. As far as the Kvar polymer furniture is concerned you have to remove far too much material to get it to fit in the DPH block and even get it near the tang. I wasn't happy at all with what I ended up with. Price of education I suppose, YMMV. Ishtacka seemed to have much better luck with a different stock mounting to his. I'll just wait for another option for stock replacement option where the word "mangle" doesn't come to mind.

The Dinzag gas tube and hand guard retainer worked as they should. I'm going shooting this weekend so I'll be able to see if the hand guard retainer moves at all.
Link Posted: 5/5/2012 2:23:16 PM EDT
[#5]
DPH?
Link Posted: 6/17/2012 6:42:31 PM EDT
[#6]
this is the best i could do with the kvar stock. took A LOT of grinding and filing to make this work on BOTH pieces. seems to be sturdy, fired 100 rds so far everything is tight.

http://i50.tinypic.com/2udx6yg.jpg
Link Posted: 6/17/2012 10:09:12 PM EDT
[#7]
There was suppose to be a new DPH block and lower hand guard in the works but it's never materialized. Two months have passed and just vaporware. You lose customers with that kind of marketing!
Link Posted: 6/18/2012 6:55:25 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
There was suppose to be a new DPH block and lower hand guard in the works but it's never materialized. Two months have passed and just vaporware. You lose customers with that kind of marketing!

Yep, I PM and emailed them here and on TheAKForum and got no response.
Link Posted: 6/18/2012 1:52:45 PM EDT
[#9]
I contacted Scott @ DPH about two months ago and he said about two more weeks. After seeing how the unmodified block fit on my buddy's VEPR it completely turned me off to the idea. The folding hinge that suarez is selling seems to be the best option right now. That same buddy that had the woes with the dph block has been really pleased with the one he got from Suarez. Chris Bonesteel and the fine folks at CNCWarrior deserve the credit for this product though. Gabe just peddles it for them, but of course he takes all the credit.
Link Posted: 6/18/2012 5:37:14 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

this is the best i could do with the kvar stock. took A LOT of grinding and filing to make this work on BOTH pieces. seems to be sturdy, fired 100 rds so far everything is tight.

http://i50.tinypic.com/2udx6yg.jpg

I like what you did with that rifle.  Throw a scope on the side rail and add a flash hider, and you'll have a nice Tabuk-ish rifle.

Link Posted: 6/19/2012 12:16:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I contacted Scott @ DPH about two months ago and he said about two more weeks. After seeing how the unmodified block fit on my buddy's VEPR it completely turned me off to the idea. The folding hinge that suarez is selling seems to be the best option right now. That same buddy that had the woes with the dph block has been really pleased with the one he got from Suarez. Chris Bonesteel and the fine folks at CNCWarrior deserve the credit for this product though. Gabe just peddles it for them, but of course he takes all the credit.

I too bought the DPH Vepr Block, under the impression it would fit my old 308 Vepr. After getting the block, fitting to the reciever didn't work out so well. The angle cut was 8 degrees off. Contacted Scott shortly thereafter, and he assured me they were working on a version of the block to fit the .308 receivers. This was a couple months ago now. Haven't heard anything back from them. After reading about the other fit issues people in this thread have been having with these things, decided to hell with it!

Now I'm interested in this CNC Warrior folding hinge. Called them up to ask about how their folding hinge block fits up with the 308s. The young lady took my question and checked with her boss. She then informed me that they "fit all Veprs". After hearing the same thing about the last block, I'm kindof skeptical.

Has anyone installed one of these blocks on an older model 308 Vepr without any modification? If so, how did the slant cuts match up? How was the fit and finish in general? I really really want this thing to work without having to bust out dremmels, sand paper, or worse yet- a mill!
Link Posted: 6/19/2012 1:04:03 PM EDT
[#12]
I fit the one my buddy has on his 5.45 on to my 2011 VEPR in .308, no issues... I didn't even realize that CNCWarrior was selling these now. looks like they sell the right side and Suarez sells the left side. The one I test fit, was bought from Suarez, but all of them are made by CNCWarrior, so I'm sure you'll be fine.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top