Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 7/30/2016 4:36:30 PM EDT
Hey guys,

Just picked up a nice Wasr underfolder locally.  The stock locks in the extended position (has a little but if play), but when the stock is folded under it doesn't lock.  These are supposed to lock in both positions right?  Any common problems or quick fixes?
Link Posted: 7/30/2016 7:57:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Hey guys,

Just picked up a nice Wasr underfolder locally.  The stock locks in the extended position (has a little but if play), but when the stock is folded under it doesn't lock.  These are supposed to lock in both positions right?  Any common problems or quick fixes?
View Quote

The UF i had did not lock, it just got tight enough to hold in place
Link Posted: 7/30/2016 9:12:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Nice pick up. I'd love to get a WASR underfolder. Post pics if you can.
Link Posted: 8/1/2016 5:21:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Here she is.  Got it from a local guy.  Have a new pistol grip on the way as well as an arsenal hand guard.  I was thinking of refinishing the wood that's on it as well.  The only downside is that plastic mags (tapco) don't fit.  The upside is that metal surplus mags fit nice and snug.  Seems a little different than the wasr' that I've owned in the past, but in a good way.  Quality seems a bit better.  Let me know what you guys think!

Link Posted: 8/1/2016 5:40:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Nice, IMO I would install a Romanian reverse dong lower hand guard.
Link Posted: 8/3/2016 12:39:49 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Here she is.  Got it from a local guy.  Have a new pistol grip on the way as well as an arsenal hand guard.  I was thinking of refinishing the wood that's on it as well.  The only downside is that plastic mags (tapco) don't fit.  The upside is that metal surplus mags fit nice and snug.  Seems a little different than the wasr' that I've owned in the past, but in a good way.  Quality seems a bit better.  Let me know what you guys think!

<a href="http://s22.photobucket.com/user/punkindrublic_/media/image.jpg1_zps3ttt3g0t.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b307/punkindrublic_/image.jpg1_zps3ttt3g0t.jpg</a>
View Quote

Awesome...I want one. Jealous
Link Posted: 8/3/2016 8:13:26 PM EDT
[#6]
The PG and handguards are perfect IMO, I would leave them alone. Nice find.
Link Posted: 8/3/2016 9:34:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The PG and handguards are perfect IMO, I would leave them alone. Nice find.
View Quote

^This...I have numerous AK's and almost all of them went to aftermarket parts right off the bat but recently returned to their original goodness as I have began appreciating their natural designs.
Link Posted: 8/3/2016 10:09:48 PM EDT
[#8]
I like the natural wood too, but it's too bright for my taste.  I may refinish it and stain it a nice dark red.  A little better for camouflage.
Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top