Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 12/8/2015 4:48:45 PM EDT
I have someone with a AES 10B interested in my SAIGA 12 wanting to do a trade. I've never shot a Romanian AK of any make before and was wanting opinions on it both value wise and performance. I've been doing some research but I figured I would ask first hand owners as well.

his romi
40 round mag
75 round drum
120 rounds of 762x39
$50 cash

saiga
3 10+ round stick mags
1 20 round drum
choke kit

Link Posted: 12/8/2015 11:19:18 PM EDT
[#1]
I have one, its a decent rifle. Albeit heavy but its looks and feels just like a real RPK. Its abit crude to be honest compared to saigas and yugos. But if you refinish the wood and maybe repaint it yourself, it may be a real beauty. You want the one with the carry handle and adjustable bipod, some of these guns have been cobbled up with non-standard bipods. Also check to make sure the magwell isnt too loose, ive seen some RPKs that had terrible mag wobble. Not that it affects function but just annoying or I  may be ocd about it
Link Posted: 12/10/2015 11:03:35 AM EDT
[#2]
A ton of rifle for the money (almost literally a ton!)  I didn't get in at the $499 of a couple of years ago but am very pleased with the one I got for $850 with (3) 40-round Molots.  

The bipod could be adjustable but a non-adjustable is also correct IF it's long enough to touch the front of the lower handguard retainer when folded. Apex lists both the Type 1 and Type 2 although they may or may not be in stock when you check.  The collar should also have notches that engage corresponding notches in the FSB to prevent full rotation.  If the collar can spin freely all the way around it's the wrong collar.

Mine is a runner.  The only ammo it didn't like is some ChinaSports SP which, if you're familiar, the cases feel like sandpaper and the exposed lead drags terribly in mags.

I guess it depends on how much you value your Saiga - I do think the AESs will only increase in value but I didn't buy for that reason.

How mine came minus the Chinese drum:

How it is now with CNC Warrior muzzle nut.  RPK sling has been ordered and should be en route from Eastern Europe:
Link Posted: 12/12/2015 3:49:43 AM EDT
[#3]
Mine is easily the most accurate 7.62x39 rifle I have shot. It will consistently do fist size groups out to 200yd using a 4x POSP and plain old Wolf FMJ.

It's really relaxing to shoot on the bench or prone.. Personally I don't do mag dumps with mine.

I don't know that value will ever severely climb, as the RPK is really sort of a niche thing that's mostly attractive to AK collectors. A Saiga-12 has more universal appeal.

Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top