Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 3/23/2015 12:40:36 AM EDT
Is it possible to replace the 45 degree gas block for a 90 degree Bulgarian gas block on a Romanian SAR 2?  I wanted to get a Bulgarian 74 but cannot justify 600-$1k for another AK.  The change would satisfy my wish for a close copy of a Russian 74.  I have a 22mm FSB and a US made 22mm brake made by Moses from FAL files.
Link Posted: 3/23/2015 9:56:41 AM EDT
[#1]
After doing more searches, I found discussions stating it would require a reprofile of the barrel and a longer gas tube.  Not worth it.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 12:29:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Just go for the AIMS 74 look with your 22mm FSB and brake. Add a Romy wire folder and your in Awesome Clone city (upturned chging handle optional). The AK 74 has a different profile MB (fatter and shorter) than the Romy. Also the front sight is different enough that you'd notice the difference between a Rusky/Bulgy 74.

Edit: Spank me I forgot the dong style lower handguard, Sorry
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 12:26:19 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the reply.  I have all of that covered.  I think I will sell other parts/rifles and may eventually end up with an additional 74 with Bulgarian part mix.
Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top