Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 2/26/2015 3:24:20 AM EDT
I just cleaned up the light rust places and cleaned the Romanian wasr 10/63 sidefolder I got. It was shot a bit and not cleaned. While cleaning it I discovered it still had dried cosmoline greese still all over inside. I thought it was some serious dirt and ect before I figured out what it was. The mag was same way. It was loaded with it same as the bolt. I know the trunnion, bolt carrier, upper forearm has matching numbers. I did not see anything on the bolt. I could not make out everything on the barrel. I know last 2 digits maybe three digits matched.
I figured out my dust cover is bent at the front and is springy and very hard to get on. I got to fix it. I also discovered magwell is wider a bit then the mag and a little slop on back where the wedge is. The biggest issue as this be 4th ak I have owned. This one the guide rod you can tell it shift and catches inside the trunnion or forearm area. I think it shows it maybe on piston. If you rack it fast it don't hang up but slow it hangs up every time and takes a little bit of effort to close then it closes on its own. You can watch carrier go from center to the right when it does it. At first thought the spring effected it. It should be straight in and out. The op rod at where the piston meets the carrier part where the sharp shoulder is on piston is where it hangs up. Its off center alignment to trunnion when bolt carrier pulled back all the way but like its not starting out maybe.  Its like the op rod and carrier is not centered down the receiver. The trunnion or receiver is canted maybe? The front and rear sight line up dead on but seems slightly canted to right.
Also the G2 trigger pin keeps popping out the right side. Is a spring in wrong or a shepherd hook or something missing? What is everyones input on it? I have not shot it yet.
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 10:09:05 AM EDT
[#1]
its an ak
if it shoots and cycles fine then its all good
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 11:57:25 AM EDT
[#2]
For the trigger group issues the shepherd hook doesn't seem like it's installed correctly.  The rest of it,  clean the crap off of it, lube,  shoot the piss out of it. Parts well wear in.
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 12:19:38 PM EDT
[#3]
What does it look like the shepherds hook? The piston and gas system alignment don't know if its fixable.
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 3:46:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
. I also discovered magwell is wider a bit then the mag and a little slop on back where the wedge is.
View Quote

Not a big deal
Mag wobble is common.  And wtf is the "wedge"?

Quoted:
This one the guide rod bolt carrier you can tell it shift and catches inside the trunnion or forearm area. I think it shows it maybe on piston. If you rack it fast it don't hang up but slow it hangs up every time and takes a little bit of effort to close then it closes on its own..
View Quote

Yes.
Same as on my WASR.  Again, not a big deal.  The carrier was never meant to be "ridden" home anyway.
Slingshot that shit.

Quoted:The trunnion or receiver is canted maybe? .
View Quote

Maybe(?)
Again, how about a picture from above, showing the alignment of the rear trunnion, rear sight block, gas block, and front sight block?

Quoted:Also the G2 trigger pin keeps popping out the right side. Is a spring in wrong or a shepherd hook or something missing? What is everyones input on it?.
View Quote

The Shepherds hook is a wire that's used to retain the fire control pins for the hammer and trigger.  If it is installed incorrectly, your pins will walk themselves loose.

Quoted:I have not shot it yet.
View Quote

This, to me, is the real problem.

This is really your 4th AK?  

Link Posted: 2/26/2015 4:14:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Yes fourth ak and never had issues till I picked this one up, I never had a bad one but the sar 3 sight was off a little no biggy. Never this much out of wack I would say. Two were mak 90 which should say something. I did a video I will see if it will down load.

I did mean gas port the bolt carrier with piston goes in to. Looks like I need to fix the trigger pin issue first. I got to figure out what to do.
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 7:45:26 PM EDT
[#6]

Link Posted: 2/26/2015 8:50:15 PM EDT
[#7]
The spring on the left side that has the trigger pin under it don't look like its sitting in groove and bent over to the right. Is this the issue? Now on the right side it looks like it sits fine. What side would the plate be on if you install one of those?

The left side their is a Fire Control Group Retaining Wire. Is it post to be under the trigger pin while the coiled spring is over it? That may be my issue.
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 9:29:54 PM EDT
[#8]
The Fire Control Group Retaining Wire I fixed it and seems like I fixed the trigger. It helped on the action a lot. The bolt carrier does move off center to the right and not as bad rubbing anything hardly. It made a difference there. Now to just fix dust cover and open the front end up some so I can put it on easily.

How do you know what your it was built on these? I see threads about 2013 and 2014 built ones.

I had done like in diagram pic put it under the pin. Before it kept walking out. I think this way it wont. I hope this is correct.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 12:48:46 AM EDT
[#9]
Mine is a 2014.  Has RO14 after the SN on the left side near the nose of the dust cover.  I didn't see a SN on that part of yours.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 1:44:25 AM EDT
[#10]
No it don't have it. I'm guessing its my serial number but leave off RO? I guess.
Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top