Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 2/16/2015 1:53:52 AM EDT
I was trying this old brass cased 7.62x39 and when i chambered a round and tried o eject it, it took me many tries to get the round to eject, i pulled and pulled and pulled it was tough but finally ejected. This normal for a brand new rifle? It is probably just new and tight.
Link Posted: 2/16/2015 9:15:11 AM EDT
[#1]
I usually clean the my new rifles completely before firing. You should scrub the crap ut of the chamber. Probably got stuff in there for the factory
Link Posted: 2/16/2015 1:18:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I usually clean the my new rifles completely before firing. You should scrub the crap ut of the chamber. Probably got stuff in there for the factory
View Quote

^ this. Then shoot a few hundred rounds thru it to break it in..
Link Posted: 2/16/2015 8:23:17 PM EDT
[#3]
That would be my advice.
Link Posted: 2/18/2015 1:41:31 AM EDT
[#4]
cool thank you it seems the arsenal trigger with bulgarian hammer has the best profilein terms of striking the bolt tail squar. so I am good to go. How often people come across a soft wasr 10/63 bolt where it eventually caused major issues, i cannot find anything on the web tha was too drastic except the chinese bolts but the great thing about the akm is that the parts are plentifle and cheap.
Link Posted: 2/22/2015 12:45:13 PM EDT
[#5]
WASR bolts are not soft.
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 10:53:06 AM EDT
[#6]
I've not heard of that issue in any WASRs either. As for the brass ammo not ejecting, unless it's happening while live firing it's not a problem. Wish I had a dollar for every pistol thread where someone notices a feed/eject issue while hand cycling ammo that never ocurrs when actually firing same ammo on the range.
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 11:05:58 AM EDT
[#7]
Ya I am not sure why it locks up so damn tight. The ammo is really old and had been sitting in a mag and the mag had been sitting in a bag full of clp to preserve it. I just disposed of the ammunition by pulling the bullets and powder, kept the brass though, thinking about reloading some rounds just for fun, what would you guys suggest as far as reloads go?
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 12:27:38 PM EDT
[#8]
I've been told 30-30 and .308 projectiles fit... but have personally never verified this myself.
Link Posted: 8/17/2015 8:09:54 AM EDT
[#9]
Midway USA has bullets for 7.62x39.  They are .310 in diameter and weigh 123 grains.
Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top