Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 1/5/2015 4:05:11 AM EDT
Hello to the fellow AK guys,
I just inherited a M+M 10 the other day. This will be my first flat side receiver without  the mag dimples but it feels pretty good. Since I inherited it I won't be getting rid of it so some mods will be bought and made.
This is in the order I want to do it, basically going for a bag gun that can be kept in the trunk. Handguard will stay.
1.  Folding stock, Bonesteel since I won't need to cut off rear tang like the ACE.
2.  TWS or Parabellum ARKAS rail system to mount a micro RDS. Looking at the PA Advanced 50,000 hr micro.
3.  Magpul pg because it fills my hand.
4.  Magpul AFG as it fits the angle for support arm.
5.  Light with qd mount
6.  SCAR and Magpul ladders to cover unused rails.
7.  Sling, good 2 pt
8.  Mags, eventually Magpul if they incorporate metal support, otherwise comblock metal.
9. Muzzle brake, Venom or Spikes.

Any advice in the plan, options I haven't thought about, experiences with said units would be appreciated. Oh yeah, rattle can camo too.
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 5:23:04 AM EDT
[#1]
All standard AK stuff will work without issue. If your AK came with the M&M quadrails then you may want to consider swapping them. Not too sturdy in my opinion. Otherwise everything you have listed should work like a charm. Good luck.
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 6:23:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
All standard AK stuff will work without issue. If your AK came with the M&M quadrails then you may want to consider swapping them. Not too sturdy in my opinion.  (Plus they need to be removed to take out the gas tube for cleaning...

Otherwise everything you have listed should work like a charm. Good luck.
View Quote

I would definitely look to different front end furniture for your AK...

Other than that, the M+M10 is a good solid rifle
Link Posted: 1/9/2015 12:58:19 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/9/2015 4:10:22 AM EDT
[#4]
Bully, that's a nice looking stick. The more I look and think about it a folder may not be what I do but go with a collapsible stock.  My thought was a folder would allow carry in a discrete case better. Whose dogleg mount is that?  Whose RDS?
Thanks
Link Posted: 1/9/2015 5:07:45 AM EDT
[#5]
The M10s are pretty good rifles, I like mine. They're just WASRs with a moved front sight.
I know you said hand guard will say but you might want to rethink that. The hand guard that comes on these rifles is very heavy compared to other options out there. I personally just ordered the Manticore Alfa rail for my rifle to replace the bulky heavy one that it came with.
Also, if this is something you want to keep in the trunk, that's an awful lot of money you're going to leave sit in the trunk that can be easily stolen, the Venom brake alone is more than $200.
Next point, any type of muzzle brake you want to put on this will have to be set in place very carefully, because these rifles don't have a detent to orientate how the brake is clocked. I personally went the route of the Yankee Hill Machine flash hider, because the clocking of that doesn't matter.
You'll probably want to make sure, if you haven't already, that whatever steel mags you're planning to use fit well. I had to open up the magwell on mine with a dremel to get steel mags to fit (it was too tight front to back and getting the mags in and out was almost impossible.
The only other thing on that list I have experience with is the Magpul AFG, and I like mine.

http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g382/GNR22/M10_2_zpsa769ed8b.jpg
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 2:12:41 AM EDT
[#6]
The RDS is a primary arms.... the mount is an attero arms rds mount.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 12:54:30 AM EDT
[#7]
Here's my M+M-10. It's been a reliable and fairly accurate platform to sink all this $$ into.

Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top