Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 4/15/2014 7:46:02 AM EDT
I have a romanian 10/63UF with origional barrel and probably about 2500-3000 rounds through it  since buying it. Possibly 10% of that was bump firing (might as well be considred full auto from the barrel's stand point)

The issue I'm concerned with is that the chrome at the muzzle has started to chip off in a big way and there is definately chrome missing on the lands in the throat of the bore. How normal is this to see at this round count and what should I expect to continue to see over time? I would like to replace the barrel but if this is completly normal I'll let it go a while longer.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 10:00:28 AM EDT
[#1]
Rub some dirt on it and keep shooting.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 8:02:43 AM EDT
[#2]
Somewhere sometime someone posted a pic of some russian docs on the ak 7.62 and in that lbarrel life was listed as 5000 (6000??) rounds. Whatever the exact number, it was much less than most here say, and it sounds inline with what you are experiencing.

Its not unsafe that im aware of to keep using that barrel, just shoot it until the accuracy gets so bad youre not ok with it anymore then replace.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 4:17:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Somewhere sometime someone posted a pic of some russian docs on the ak 7.62 and in that lbarrel life was listed as 5000 (6000??) rounds. Whatever the exact number, it was much less than most here say, and it sounds inline with what you are experiencing.

Its not unsafe that im aware of to keep using that barrel, just shoot it until the accuracy gets so bad youre not ok with it anymore then replace.
View Quote

Ok. It threw me off because I have never seen muzzle damage or erosion occure during normal firing scheduals.
Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top