Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 3/22/2014 11:51:32 AM EDT
I received a WASR 10/63 UF as a gift a few days ago.  It came with 3 30rd Pro Mag and 1 metal 30rd magazine.  It's missing the cleaning rod but I can pick one up.  I will probably add some additional furniture but nothing as of yet.  I'd like to get a decent u/l rail on it.  With a magazine installed I noticed it has a tad bit wobble.  Not sure what can be done about that.  It appears straight and I was told it was a good shooter for what it is.  I hadn't planned on having one of these but it's kinda growing on me.  I just need to do some reading and find out how I'd like to mod it.  This is nice website and I've already learned some new stuff by reading a lot of good post here....  SouthMan....  
Link Posted: 3/22/2014 12:18:38 PM EDT
[#1]
If you have substantial wobble...to the point it induces malfs...you can remedy that.  As far as an AK UF goes..30 caliber power that can be folded up and shoved in a tennis racket bag...whats not to like!

And I don't believe Cugir builds those anymore... for you!
Link Posted: 3/22/2014 12:32:11 PM EDT
[#2]
TJ ...  Agreed!  What's not to like!  thanks ...  SouthMan
Link Posted: 3/22/2014 7:38:15 PM EDT
[#3]
If you described "a tad bit" accurately then you are fine. Thats a heck of a gift.
Link Posted: 3/23/2014 6:17:43 AM EDT
[#4]
Hodgesci - Mag wobble is present but, to me, isn't too bad.  It's not perfectly tight but given the history of these, I don't want to expect too much.  I would think there is a way to affix a shim or something similar but I'm not that familiar with these.  Maybe there are some instructions on how to tighten a magazine, if needed, on this forum.  I'm not at all familiar with manufactures but this one appears to be from Romarm / Cugir.  There is a 1972 date stamp on the trunnion but I think these were made from existing platforms and the WASR isn't all from that era but has newer parts on it.  It has the Tapco G2 trigger and overall is clean looking.  I need to take it apart and check it out and probably clean and lube it and I need to get a cleaning rod since it didn't have one.  It was a gift from a relative who was thinning the herd so to speak.  I think I might add a handrail on it and have been checking out some of the parts sites.  I will enjoy this one and I'm sure it will be a fun shooter.....  thanks...  SouthMan
Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top