Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 7/16/2012 12:51:31 PM EDT
For the most part I'm pretty knowledgeable when it comes to AR's.  But throw an AK my way and I'm a knuckle dragging moron.  A buddy has the following for sale and would like to know what's a fair price to ask.  The receiver is marked:

ROMAK 99.1
Cal 7.62x39mm

and

ROMARM/CUGIR
MADE IN ROMANIA
D.I.G. Va. Bch. Va.

There's also a drum magazine and a number of 30 round magazines.  Photos of the whole lot below.

E-95

Edited to add:  is this a good AK manufacturer?  Middle of the road?  Bottom of the barrel?
Link Posted: 7/16/2012 1:53:08 PM EDT
[#1]
$350 buddy price

Link Posted: 7/16/2012 2:16:47 PM EDT
[#2]
I probably should have mentioned:  he's selling it but not to me (and not to anyone in particular in fact).

E-95
Link Posted: 7/16/2012 2:43:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Do the mags work in the gun?  IIRC the 99.1 came in a single stack, and not only the trunny needs to be opened up, but the bolt was shaved to take the single stack only.
Link Posted: 7/16/2012 5:01:56 PM EDT
[#4]
You've got me bud.  We didn't take it to the range and he told me earlier that he hasn't even put any rounds through it.

E-95
Link Posted: 7/16/2012 7:58:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Unless it's been heavily modified it's single stack only, so it's not going to be as desirable as say a double stack capable AK, though it may appeal to those living in ban states (assuming they can own that model of AK). I'd think he could get ~250 or so for the rifle itself, 75 for the drum, and maybe 15 for each double stack mag he has. I could be way off though, the market is really funky right now.
Link Posted: 7/16/2012 8:32:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the help guys.  I just got the word that he sold the whole package today for $500.

E-95
Link Posted: 7/21/2012 8:48:45 AM EDT
[#7]
Looks like a double stack to me. I'd say $400 for the gun alone, $500 for the gun and all mags.

ETA: Just saw it sold
Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top