Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Chinese
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 6/4/2016 1:56:26 AM EDT
I'm able to get a mak90 Sporter , or a PT AKS-762 SP for 600. Which one would you go with?

P.s. Both are slant cut.
Link Posted: 6/4/2016 2:32:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Are you sure the AKS-762 SP is slant cut? I've never seen a slant cut SP. Or is it originally an underfolder receiver? In either case, with all things being equal I'd go with the Polytech every time. I restored my Polytech SP a long time ago:

ETA: Looking over my pics I'm curious if you're assuming the receiver is slant cut based on the Choate stock that the SP's typically come with? They definitely do give the illusion that they're slant cut, but they should be straight when you take the stock off:

Link Posted: 6/4/2016 8:24:57 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm making an assumption, honestly. I haven't taken the stock off.
Link Posted: 6/4/2016 8:32:27 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm going to meet the guy that has it tuesday, I'm going to take the stock off. I appreciate it, good to know!
Link Posted: 6/4/2016 11:25:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm going to meet the guy that has it tuesday, I'm going to take the stock off. I appreciate it, good to know!
View Quote

Yeah, I'm almost certain the SP will be straight cut. If you can get the Poly for $600 I'd jump on it.
Link Posted: 6/6/2016 3:45:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Go for the Poly

AIRBORNE!!!!!
Link Posted: 6/8/2016 2:53:44 AM EDT
[#6]
Well, took me 5 seconds to fond out it was indeed a straight cut. Good call, and thanks for the help. Happy owner of a new poly.
Link Posted: 6/10/2016 12:20:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Well, took me 5 seconds to fond out it was indeed a straight cut. Good call, and thanks for the help. Happy owner of a new poly.
View Quote

Good deal. Now, restore that puppy to its rightful form.
Page AK-47 » Chinese
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top