Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Chinese
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 2/4/2016 10:52:40 AM EDT
I'm kind of interested in picking one up and have been goggling to learn all I can about them when it comes to weight I've seen a couple of people say that they weigh only 7lbs.  I have always been a fan of keeping things as light as possible but I find it hard to believe that a milled AK can come in so light.

I would really appreciate if any Legend owners out there could post the actual weight of the rifle.

Link Posted: 2/4/2016 7:39:52 PM EDT
[#1]
unfortunately just sold mine but I will tell you that it wasn't that heavy

a Yugo o-pap  felt far more weighty as did my sam 7 sf-84

i regret selling mine

get one if you can: They are absolutely beautiful and are incredible to shoot
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 9:43:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Here is an AK weight list I made. I weighed all these myself on the same scale.  
The Legend only weighted 7 lbs. 0 oz. The Chinese wood is pretty light.  

Link Posted: 2/5/2016 4:57:05 AM EDT
[#3]
I really want to add a Legend to my collection so I could have in at least my mind the perfect Chinese trifecta.

Thanks for posting that chart.  Still trying to wrap my head around how a "heavy milled" AK could be so light.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 11:17:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I really want to add a Legend to my collection so I could have in at least my mind the perfect Chinese trifecta.

Thanks for posting that chart.  Still trying to wrap my head around how a "heavy milled" AK could be so light.
View Quote

The VZ-58 has a milled receiver and it's lighter than a stamped AKM. Let that one sink in.
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 3:11:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Love my Legend.

Sold my unfired Legend.
Have my shooter legend.

Awesome ak's
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 1:43:50 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yeah, even the other milled receivers rifles were only a few ounces heavier than most stamped AKs.  Notice the OPap is even heavier than the milled rifles, yet no one ever claims they are too heavy.
Link Posted: 2/15/2016 11:43:53 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

forget about weight it's  not a issue

your red side folder probably weighs the same as my milled  AKs legend with the wood stock

it felt like the bb gun i had when i was a kid (weight wise)

Link Posted: 2/15/2016 11:58:48 PM EDT
[#8]
I'll be able to get a weight on a Polytech Legend underfolder this Thursday if your interested
Link Posted: 2/18/2016 9:32:14 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I'll be able to get a weight on a Polytech Legend underfolder this Thursday if your interested
View Quote

Not really necessary but thanks anyways.  I am mainly interested in the wood stock Legend I have been wanting to add one of these to my collection for a while now but have been a little bit apprehensive because I'm not really into milled AK's.  I've owned 2 milled AK's in the past a SLR-95 and a SAM 7sf.  I don’t really remember much about the SLR-95 cause it was so long ago but I remember the SAM 7sf being a heavy SOB imagine my surprise when I started doing some research on the wood stock Legends and saw a few reports that say they weigh in at 7lbs. ( I have AR's heavier than that).  That's kind of why I wanted to get some confirmation on this cause I just find it so hard to believe that a milled AK can weigh so little.

BTW if anybody is interested I pulled out my scale the other day and my red side folder comes in at 7lbs 10.4 oz without mag or sling
Link Posted: 2/18/2016 5:18:41 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Not really necessary but thanks anyways.  I am mainly interested in the wood stock Legend I have been wanting to add one of these to my collection for a while now but have been a little bit apprehensive because I'm not really into milled AK's.  I've owned 2 milled AK's in the past a SLR-95 and a SAM 7sf.  I don’t really remember much about the SLR-95 cause it was so long ago but I remember the SAM 7sf being a heavy SOB imagine my surprise when I started doing some research on the wood stock Legends and saw a few reports that say they weigh in at 7lbs. ( I have AR's heavier than that).  That's kind of why I wanted to get some confirmation on this cause I just find it so hard to believe that a milled AK can weigh so little.

BTW if anybody is interested I pulled out my scale the other day and my red side folder comes in at 7lbs 10.4 oz without mag or sling
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I weighed it anyway

PolyTech Legend UF-

Its about 7lbs 12oz give or take an oz or two.No sling,no mag
Page AK-47 » Chinese
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top