Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Chinese
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 12/20/2015 9:32:07 AM EDT
I am putting a good furniture set on my old MAK 90.

Anyone know a name / color code for some off the self finish that matches the blonde factory sets?  thank you.
Link Posted: 12/20/2015 11:45:18 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I am putting a good furniture set on my old MAK 90.

Anyone know a name / color code for some off the self finish that matches the blonde factory sets?  thank you.
View Quote

At least 5-6 coats of Bullseye Amber Shellac, looks like:

Link Posted: 12/20/2015 11:39:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Minwax antique maple gel stain is the closest match I've found. Followed by a single light coat on zinsser amber shellac to protect the stain color. The buff LIGHTLY with #0000 steel wool to knock back any shine...

Chinese "chu" wood is a soft wood that acts like a hardwood when it comes to staining it. The gel stain seems to work best for this application. If your incoming furniture isn't original chinese wood you may not get the same results.
Page AK-47 » Chinese
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top