Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Chinese
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 11/22/2015 10:24:50 AM EDT
Aren't Mac 90's post ban rifles that are required to have  American parts or was that a later ban???

(I had always thought Mac 90's had American parts in them)

Is it possible for a Mac 90 to have all Chinese parts  if it was converted to an under-folder??

looking at a gun for sale on line

Thanks
Link Posted: 11/22/2015 11:03:04 AM EDT
[#1]
I do know the 3 MAK90s I have all have Chinese parts.

922r only applies to manufacturers not end users.
Link Posted: 11/23/2015 10:25:53 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/23/2015 10:28:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/23/2015 12:44:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

922r only applies to manufacturers not end users. Right the way the law is written it seems to say that a person can't modify the gun without using compliance parts. But if you buy it already modified then you obviously are not the person modifying the gun.  
View Quote
Exactly. Should you purchase an underfolder MAK90, that has no US parts, it's perfectly legit because only the person who did the modification is required to add the US parts. Since you did not modify the gun, it's perfectly legal to own. And yes, MAK90's were imported with 100% Chinese parts.  GARY
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 3:38:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I do know the 3 MAK90s I have all have Chinese parts.

922r only applies to manufacturers not end users.
View Quote

This is the correct statement.  You do not have to be concerned about 922r.  

If you are currently importing them from out of the country for re-sale, then yes it applies.  But because the rifle is already here and has previously gone through the importation process, you do not need to worry about 922r and can modify it without worrying about US parts count.
Page AK-47 » Chinese
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top