Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Chinese
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 11/12/2015 1:44:58 PM EDT
I'm just looking to see if there will be any compatibility issues with installing this trigger in my mak 90 before I order one. Anyone?
Link Posted: 11/14/2015 4:47:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Are you specifically looking to add 3 US parts? No better AK trigger on planet Earth than the Chinese.  GARY
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 12:18:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Yeah. I know people seem to think highly of the Chinese fcg, but I dont really see what's so special about it.

I'm unsure of the parts count on this used mak90 I got, so I feel like this would be a solid upgrade. From what I can tell, the only US parts it has is the magpul grip, stock, ultimak gas tube, m4 stock adaptor  (I don't think it counts) and maybe the hand guard.
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 12:47:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Just so you know, if you didn't change the configuration of that gun yourself, the  922 parts count is not your responsibility.  So if someone buys a MAK90, that SOMEONE ELSE changed to have a pistol grip, & butt stock, the gun is perfectly LEGAL to own, even if it has no US parts.. 922 was meant to be for people who IMPORT, & MODIFY Romy, & Saiga style AK's, like Century, & Arsenal do.  GARY
Link Posted: 11/23/2015 3:27:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Gary, that's an interesting way to look at it for sure. I mainly liked the flatter trigger on the ALG, which was my main reason for the swap. It fit like a glove, and didn't need their roll pin installed to make contact with the selector lever. Overall it definitely feels more match like with a little grit. I think it will smooth out more.
Page AK-47 » Chinese
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top