Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Chinese
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 10/12/2015 8:09:04 PM EDT
hey everybody first post here.. I have a norinco  ak stamped 56s-1 600062 and a triangle with 66 in it any idea what year it is see pics below for more info..  I know the "1" designates underfolder but anyway to tell the year

Link Posted: 10/12/2015 8:32:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Based on the serial number - probably mid 80's before the ban - maybe 1986 - 88. The star came on them towards the end of importation.
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 8:55:30 PM EDT
[#2]
thank you, I scored this for free, in the process of cleaning it up and going to test fire possibly this weekend..
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 9:30:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Do not pass go do not collect 200 dollars, CT laws suck. Hope you stay out of trouble, spend some time reading on you states laws, and dont go out shooting
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 7:06:58 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Do not pass go do not collect 200 dollars, CT laws suck. Hope you stay out of trouble, spend some time reading on you states laws, and dont go out shooting
View Quote

What do you think is illegal?
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 10:00:31 AM EDT
[#5]
CT has new laws from Sandy Hook. All "assault weapons" need to be registered. There is a list from 1994 I think of approved prebans - Colt is not on the list, etc. M11's can only be full auto and not select fire, etc.
If you are caught with a non-approved or registered weapon - they don't like you.
That's probably what the poster is referring to.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 10:30:02 AM EDT
[#6]
CT's laws are draconian and fucked up. We are fighting these laws but that takes time.

Here are the laws simplified.

1. New AWs are not allowed to be sold or transferred.

2. Any post Sept. 13, 1994 AW had to be registered with the state by Jan 1, 2013

3. Any AW manufactured prior to Sept. 13, 1994 is legal to sell and transfer.

4. Any pre 9/13/1994 AW does not need to be registered.

5. None of the new laws apply if you are a LEO or military member.

I have lived in this once great state and upstate NY my whole life. NY got ruined by all the city liberals and CT got ruined by all the NYC liberals moving into CT to escape the high taxes of NY. Combine them with all the welfare dirtbags in the inner cities and the regular people have no hope anymore of electing a decent politician.

When I was a kid we had gun clubs in school. Students stored their guns in their lockers for gun club or hunting after school. Pickup trucks had gun racks with gun in them. You could buy ammo in just about every hardware store.We would go in our backyard and shoot cans with BB guns and if the Dads were around a .22. This was not all that long ago. I am only 51.

Link Posted: 10/13/2015 11:25:12 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
SNIP

When I was a kid we had gun clubs in school. Students stored their guns in their lockers for gun club or hunting after school. Pickup trucks had gun racks with gun in them. You could buy ammo in just about every hardware store.We would go in our backyard and shoot cans with BB guns and if the Dads were around a .22. This was not all that long ago. I am only 51.

View Quote

No kidding.  I am 32, grew up in Maryland, and this is how it was back when I was a kid too.  

Now, even here in Montana, the hunting and guns in everyday life culture is dying.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 6:44:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Bozeman and Missoula sure but i wouldn't say that goes for the whole state but i think the days of dads buying there kids an SKS and a couple cases of ammo to keep them occupied are gone
Link Posted: 10/14/2015 11:09:16 PM EDT
[#9]
I was told by my FFL guy I do not need to register it.. but I can if o so choose to.. get it out of state have it transferred back to CT via FFL and sign it over to me..
Link Posted: 10/20/2015 7:45:22 AM EDT
[#10]
Nice score OP!
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 8:40:02 AM EDT
[#11]
First serial number designates the year on Norinco's.
Page AK-47 » Chinese
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top