Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Chinese
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 4/6/2015 8:33:26 PM EDT
A guy I work with recently picked up a MAK-90 and said it's in .223.
He got it for $340. Had a little surface rust but it cleaned up easily enough.
He did say it didn't have any mags with it. Can anyone offer any help for him on it.
General info as well as where he can find a few mags. Also any info on value would be good too.

Thanks in advance guys
Link Posted: 4/6/2015 8:53:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Mags can be somewhat tough to find an pricey, at least the originals are.
Best bet is to check the EE here for those.
It is tricky finding any other .223 AK mags to work in those guns, some work in some guns, others don't
He could try a bulgy .223 AK waffle mag.
Link Posted: 4/6/2015 9:55:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Sounds he did great! $340 is a killer buy. Mags are a but of a pain in the rear to find and expensive when you do find them. I know someone converted some 5.56 pmags to work in an AK in one of the threads here.
Link Posted: 4/7/2015 7:48:31 PM EDT
[#3]
He said he found one out west somewhere. Cost $75 for the only one the guy had.
Still sounds like he did ok.
Thanks guys
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 11:22:00 AM EDT
[#4]
These mags work very well in the MAK90 in .223.
http://gunmagwarehouse.com/promag-polytech-aks-223-223-5-56-30-round-magazine-polymer-black-pol-a1.html
Link Posted: 4/28/2015 1:11:56 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
These mags work very well in the MAK90 in .223.
http://gunmagwarehouse.com/promag-polytech-aks-223-223-5-56-30-round-magazine-polymer-black-pol-a1.html
View Quote

Do you first hand experience with this? To my understanding mag at would in Poly Tech's do not work in Norinco's.

Link Posted: 4/29/2015 12:52:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Sure do. I bought 1 to make sure it would work. Ordered 4 more once I was satisfied. Put a couple hundred rounds thru it with no issues..
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 11:22:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Sure do. I bought 1 to make sure it would work. Ordered 4 more once I was satisfied. Put a couple hundred rounds thru it with no issues..
View Quote

I have also tried the promags in my 84S-3 and they do work.  I would never trust a promag anything with my life, but they work well for range use and are cheap.  I found lock-up to be a little tight, but nothing a file or some sandpaper can't fix.
Page AK-47 » Chinese
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top