Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Chinese
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/7/2014 3:50:29 AM EDT
Saw a '93 Interstate imports MAK90 for sale with a black wooden thumbhole stock set.  Guy says it came from the factory that way but I have never seen one like that, only the chucom wood.  Was this a refinish job?  It's a stamped receiver MAK too, not milled.
Link Posted: 9/7/2014 11:20:24 AM EDT
[#1]
I've never seen a black factory thumbhole stock.Only aftermarket or refinished.
Link Posted: 9/7/2014 11:48:26 AM EDT
[#2]
yes they did
Link Posted: 9/7/2014 4:20:18 PM EDT
[#3]
The guy says he bought it new from a store in Washington state in '93.  Out of 30 that they had, 2 had factory black wood stock.  Straight from the crate like that.  I bought it and will post pics a bit later.  It doesn't look refinished to me...
Link Posted: 9/7/2014 11:24:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The guy says he bought it new from a store in Washington state in '93.  Out of 30 that they had, 2 had factory black wood stock.  Straight from the crate like that.  I bought it and will post pics a bit later.  It doesn't look refinished to me...
View Quote

Is the BCG blued or stainless? Sounds like a rare one.

-sf
Link Posted: 9/8/2014 1:24:58 AM EDT
[#5]
Chromed carrier.

ETA: Pics - It looks like the wood was actually stained black and then some sort of poly or shellac was put over it.

Link Posted: 9/8/2014 6:28:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

-sf
View Quote
The blue BCG's were from early pre ban guns. I have never seen a MAK90 with a blue BCG. They were all shiny by then.  GARY
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 5:34:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
The blue BCG's were from early pre ban guns. I have never seen a MAK90 with a blue BCG. They were all shiny by then.  GARY
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

-sf

I have seen two MAK-90s with blue bolt carriers. Both Norinco. One I can verify had matching #s, the other I only saw blurry G-Broker pictures of, and cannot verify.

From the looks of that photo, that stock was originally "blonde."

-sf

Page AK-47 » Chinese
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top