Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Hungarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 12/7/2015 2:54:52 PM EDT
How did y'all go about doing it?

Do most of them still have the front sight detent in them, or is it removed? I'm planning on carefully Dremelling off the brake once the form 1 is approved, clean up the threads, and then just install a regular slant brake; or, maybe a Lantac Dragon to be extra obnoxious.

Plan on getting a TWS cover rail, PA micro dot and maaaybe a MI universal rail. Then krylon it up.
Link Posted: 12/19/2015 11:02:33 PM EDT
[#1]
I replaced my amd 65 brake with a polish tantal. Everything was normal it just had a tack weld holding it on. I plan to sbr mine as well. Had it for a few years now and 1800 or so rounds through it without a hiccup and great accuracy..definitely plan to keep it forever. I was thinking the SR47 brake to be extra obnoxious and short as possible. Doing a draco sbr same time for the wife. same plans. Ultimak t1 white light and folding stock done!
Link Posted: 3/10/2016 11:39:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
How did y'all go about doing it?

Do most of them still have the front sight detent in them, or is it removed? I'm planning on carefully Dremelling off the brake once the form 1 is approved, clean up the threads, and then just install a regular slant brake; or, maybe a Lantac Dragon to be extra obnoxious.

Plan on getting a TWS cover rail, PA micro dot and maaaybe a MI universal rail. Then krylon it up.
View Quote

From what I've read, one of the fsb pins has to be driven out to get the spring / plunger free. Mine is in there, but isn't extending. Apparently inverting the plunger gives that condition.
Page AK-47 » Hungarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top