Page AK-47 » Hungarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 8/10/2013 9:45:36 AM EDT
Had to wonder about this one...
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=358969820
Link Posted: 8/10/2013 4:36:29 PM EDT
[#1]
It says he's the second owner. Wonder how much he paid for that abomination. Whoever did it deserves a big !
Link Posted: 8/13/2013 11:41:49 PM EDT
[#2]
THe 2nd owner story IS NOT TRUE.

He bragged about it on another board and shared it and nobody was impressed but SADDENED with the crap he did.

Link Posted: 8/17/2013 11:32:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Pre-Ban

Looks like he modified the receiver/rear trunnion in order to install the AMD65 folding stock. Other than that he made a naked gas tube or was lucky enough to find a real FEG AKM63 one, and he used the AKM63 steel fore arm with grip, also common to the AMD65. So basically he made a folding-stock AKM63 out of an original pre-ban SA85M. Yes, tragic, but I think the rifle is still valuable - not as valuable as he thinks it is. I think he could get $850 for it if he just manned-up and stated the modifications. The front end is fixed simply by taking off the gas tube and fore arm and replacing them with the standard-type parts. From what I can tell on the back end, you are pretty much stuck with what he has done, because he had to cut out the receiver for the stock mechanism. If I bought it I would actually leave it as-is - I like the AKM63 look. I converted my post-ban SA85M first to look like a pre-ban, then made a naked gas tube and bought the steel fore arm and grip so I can change it back and forth as I wish. I removed the original thumbhole stock and replaced it with an original FEG stock I was lucky to find - in new condition, no less.
Page AK-47 » Hungarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top