Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Hungarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 8/4/2013 5:17:28 PM EDT
Doing a piece on the 22 embassies closed due to the Al Qeida threat. They ran a clip of a security check on a Kabul, Afghanistan street with passing vehicles. A soldier was standing by with an AMD-65 at the ready. Reminded me of how that weapon is a serious CQC tool.
The 65 kit I bought never was built and later sold, although I did build an AMD-63. Hind sight is 20-20, but I still wish I'd bought a dozen parts kits of each model.
Link Posted: 8/5/2013 4:36:43 PM EDT
[#1]
I wouldn't know from first hand experience, but I have heard and read that the AMD-65's are in pretty frequent use in Afghanistan. Gotta love the short 12" barrel, even with the tack welded muzzle break (that works DARN well).
Link Posted: 8/7/2013 3:31:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Boy I bet they wish they had M14's
Link Posted: 8/7/2013 6:56:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Maybe in other areas, but this detail was peering in windows of vehicles as they passed slowly by. A mini-van went by with the sliding door open and some of the occupants had their hands raised to show they were empty. Any shit goes down at that range and the AMD-65 would have spoken with authority, I'm sure.
I suppose the whole damn car could blow though, so then it wouldn't matter.
Page AK-47 » Hungarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top