Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Bulgarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 11/21/2016 12:01:30 AM EDT
I have a general question Arsenal SAM7SF's that I haven't been able to find anywhere online.  On the left side of the receiver in the milled out portion where "arsenal las vegas" is engraved, there is a small notch towards the front/bottom portion of the window.  When I first received mine I thought this was some sort of manufacturing defect, but couldn't think what in the manufacturing process would cause this.  While searching through pictures online I started to notice that this marking was on all the SAM7SFs I saw to some extent, but there was no mention of this marking.  Any idea what this is???

Link Posted: 11/21/2016 9:01:47 AM EDT
[#1]
IIRC this was discussed on another AK board at length and some of the more knowledgeable members stated it was caused by the receiver being locked into a jig for the hole being drilled for the rivet that holds the retaining latch mechanism for the folding stock when in the folded position.
Link Posted: 11/21/2016 5:05:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
IIRC this was discussed on another AK board at length and some of the more knowledgeable members stated it was caused by the receiver being locked into a jig for the hole being drilled for the rivet that holds the retaining latch mechanism for the folding stock when in the folded position.
View Quote

Makes sense, my fixed version has no mark.
Page AK-47 » Bulgarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top