Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Bulgarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 3/17/2016 10:55:29 AM EDT
Hi,
Question on Arsenal trigger, I am looking at replacing the sloppy factory trigger on my SLR106 I am looking at Tapco's G2 Trigger and the ALG AK Trigger.
Any input on these? Which one is the best choice? The Tapco G2 cost less and is available in single and double hook. The ALG cost more and may require fitting and using a pin for the safety. Regarding the G2 Tapco triggers which one of those is a better choice single or double hook and why is one better than the other?

Any positive input and experience is appreciated, I use CMC triggers in my AR's but do not have any experience with aftermarket triggers for AK's
Link Posted: 3/17/2016 12:54:48 PM EDT
[#1]
I have used both the Tapco and the ALG AKT. The ALG is now the go to trigger for me for ANY AK that it will work in. I am not saying it is the best trigger out there. What I am saying is that for my purposes, I like the feel, pull length, and reset of the AKT better than any of the other triggers I have used to date. If something better comes along at or near the $40 tariff for the AKT I might give it a try. But I'm not in any rush as the AKT is a great trigger imho.
Link Posted: 3/17/2016 9:26:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Regarding the G2 Tapco triggers which one of those is a better choice single or double hook and why is one better than the other?
View Quote
You use what fits your gun. Most stamped guns [except Chinese] take a single hook. All milled guns, [& Chinese stamped] use the double hook.  GARY
Link Posted: 3/17/2016 9:47:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Having used both, I prefer the G2.

The AKT is just too light for my liking, even with the additional spring.

I'm thinking about swapping the ALG for a G2 or having a trigger job done on the factory Arsenal trigger as I prefer a two stage anyway.
Link Posted: 3/18/2016 11:42:33 AM EDT
[#4]
Since the OP did not mention anything about using 922 US parts, I would use a real imported FGC. In my spare parts bucket, I have many double hook Chinese, & Bulgarian FCG's. I also have a few Maddi, Hungarian, & Draco single hook FCG's. Nothing better than the real deal. To buy these spare imported FCG' I've paid between $8, & $20. Nothing like the real deal. Of course, if the OP just neglected to mention that he actually DOES need 922 parts, then never mind.  GARY
Link Posted: 3/21/2016 11:21:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Since the OP did not mention anything about using 922 US parts, I would use a real imported FGC. In my spare parts bucket, I have many double hook Chinese, & Bulgarian FCG's. I also have a few Maddi, Hungarian, & Draco single hook FCG's. Nothing better than the real deal. To buy these spare imported FCG' I've paid between $8, & $20. Nothing like the real deal. Of course, if the OP just neglected to mention that he actually DOES need 922 parts, then never mind.  GARY
View Quote

I would assume that it being a Arsenal imported from Bulgaria that it has the 922R parts installed in it? I am NO AK expert and don't claim to be. I can work on the gun and change the trigger group myself that much I am confident about. I have built a couple dozen AR's and even polished the trigger groups on them to obtain a nice trigger pull. I can tell you that nobody that I know of makes a better LPK for a AR than Daniel Defense. I have used just about all of them and the DD kit is worth the extra money.

Getting back to the Arsenal SLR 106 I would prefer to keep it legal, and have narrowed my choice in triggers down to the Tapco G2 or the ALG AK trigger, I just have to decide which one is the best choice. The price difference is not really a concern so I will go with what is the most recommended.

Thank You for the input so far.  

Link Posted: 3/27/2016 11:50:19 AM EDT
[#6]
I had the same  question.  I looked at the Arsenal  trigger parts.  They are marked US.  Are the Taco G2 trigger that much better?   I don't have experience  with  one, so nothing to  pull from.
Link Posted: 4/9/2016 11:29:44 PM EDT
[#7]
I have tried G2's a couple of times but I don't like them. I also tried a Bulgy single stage in mine but in the end, I just went back to the stock Arsenal two stage trigger. I am used to it now I guess.
Page AK-47 » Bulgarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top